Chemical pregnancy? Cyclogest any point?

(6 Posts)
BelleEtoile Thu 21-Jul-16 23:25:52

Hi everyone!
Could really do with some advice.
My beautiful DD, first baby & pregnancy, was stillborn last Autumn.I had the perfect pregnancy but seemingly the placentas blood vessels didn't develop properly at implantation and clotted off shortly before she was due.

We have been ttc January. I naively didn't think it would take so long. My cycles are a little bit irregular 26-32 days but have been using opks, vitamins and acupuncture.

I was feeling a bit off with strange cramps on Saturday (10 DPO) so took a FRER and got a faint line. Tested again Sunday with FRER (11 DPO) got a better line. Tested yesterday with Tesco (14 DPO) got a good line. I felt good, told DH the news and worked out my due date to be our anniversary. Also left message with consultant to book appointment as it was mentioned at DD''s post mortum meeting that I should go on medication from 4 weeks. his secretary called this morning and said I was to start on aspirin and cyclogest and would fax prescription to the pharmacy. I was going to pick it up in the morning.

I had some One Step pregnancy tests on order and they arrived at lunch. I took a test and the line was a bit faint. I retested this evening and the line was barely there.

So am I having a chemical pregnancy/miscarriage?
I havent started bleeding yet.
Is there any point in taking the aspirin and cyclogest from tomorrow night?

I'm feeling quite sad and silly as I let myself get excited and told my DH so early.
He will be so disappointed when I tell him .
sad

purpleviolet1 Tue 16-Aug-16 23:28:32

So sorry this post was missed. How are you? What happened?

BelleEtoile Thu 18-Aug-16 19:37:22

Hi Purpleviolet.
Thanks for asking.
I am still pregnant. smile (somehow)
I have been taking the cyclogest and aspirin.
I think DDs stillbirth has turned me into an emotional hypochondriac with this pregnancy. I naively thought I would enjoy every minute. I wish I could fast forward a few months or go into hibernation.
I cant help think that its only a matter of time before its all over.
I know I need to change my mindset but it is very difficult.
Thanks again,
B

purpleviolet1 Fri 19-Aug-16 10:16:58

Great news!!!

DRSLondon Mon 22-Aug-16 18:51:24

Congratulations!
I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost my first baby at 21 weeks, and while that's very diffevent and by no means comparible, it also made me a total lunatic in my next pregnancy. I was convinced it would all go wrong and was so anxious and unable to enjoy it. Thankfully it all worked out and my son was born healthy.
Unfortunately I have just had a miscarriage so myou luck appears to have run out. However I wish you lots of luck and positive thoughts x

BelleEtoile Tue 23-Aug-16 21:55:59

Thanks DRS for giving me some hope.
I'm so sorry to hear of your baby and miscarriage flowers

I'm hoping it will be ok.
I still don't have any symptoms at all but I'm hoping it's because the cyclogest is regulating my hormone levels.

Best wishes to you too.
B

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now