Hcg levels/negative test post MC?

(3 Posts)
littlepooch Fri 15-Jul-16 19:37:33

I was wondering when people finally got a negative pregnancy test and at what point should I start worrying if I don't.

I had an ErPC one week and one day ago. I'm still spotting very slightly. I took a cheaply Internet of test (one of those strip ones) and it came up with a strong positive. For some reason it's upset me so so much. I wasn't expecting it to upset me so. Perhaps because it feels like it was only a couple of months ago I was overjoyed at that positive and now I'm willing it to go away so I can try to move on, physically at least.

Should I wait another week before testing again? Could anyone share how long it took for a negative to show? Weeks? Months? I'm so confused and lost right now.

Thank you in advance xx

Lilly948204 Fri 15-Jul-16 20:08:45

Mine was still very positive after a week, i have just got what looks like a negative today and that is 18 days after. I had medical management rather than an ERPC, however I think it would take a similar amount of time to get a negative.

The MW told me to call the ward back if I tested after three weeks and it was still positive.

littlepooch Sat 16-Jul-16 22:38:23

Thanks lily. That's really helpful. Never thought I'd want to see a negative but here I am hoping. Sorry you had to go through similar xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now