10w 6d but only measuring 5-6 weeks on scan...

(4 Posts)
RifRafia Fri 15-Jul-16 17:00:55

This is not going to end well is it?

Was referred for a scan at EPU today due to spotting, and they could find a sac with yolk but no feral pole. I have regular 27 days cycle, so the only conclusion I can possibly see can be feasible is that my baby just stopped growing at 5 weeks, but the nurse wouldn't confirm this sad. Feel numb, and got to wait for 10 days before they will re-scan me to confirm MC. Anyone been through similar? Just want to prepare myself emotionally for what to expect.

Had a MC at 7 weeks earlier this year, ended up with ERPC as body didn't pass everything naturally, so worried to go through all that again.

littlepooch Fri 15-Jul-16 19:40:29

I had similar, but had had no spotting or anything so it came as a shock. My heart goes out to you, it's such a confusing time. Those 10 days were hard, I veered from feeling positive to just utter misery. I think I knew though. My outcome wasn't a happy one and I had an ErPC last week. It was my third MC sadly.

I got through the 10 days by trying to keep busy and spending loads of time with my DD. I remember reading so many stories on here and the rest of the Internet and there were plenty of positive ones too, so it's so hard to know which way it might go. I really hope it's a positive outcome for you xxx

Lilly948204 Fri 15-Jul-16 20:05:29

I experienced the same as well, I should have been 9 but measured 6, went back a week later and no progress so was diagnosed with MMC and had medical management two weeks ago. It is a truly heartbreaking thing. Sending you support and a big hug xx

RifRafia Sat 16-Jul-16 16:07:13

Thanks for the replies ladies, really appreciate it.

Feeling very up and down today, this is going to be the longest 9 days ever...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now