miscarriage at 12 weeks and no scan

(7 Posts)
kazt84 Fri 08-Jul-16 12:59:28

Hi everyone, im new here and need some advice, last Saturday i had a miscarriage i was 12+5, the doctor confirmed the miscarriage by taking a pregnancy test which was negative, i have completely stopped bleeding i was never very heavy to begin with, i am now suffering with really bad pain in my tummy more in my left side, back, hips and thighs, i am taking codine and paracetamol with ibroffen which is not helping, i havent had a scan since the miscarriage, and im worried Dr said EPU wont see me,

MaisieDotes Fri 08-Jul-16 13:01:38

Go to the EPU and if they won't see you (which I can't understand- why would they not?) then go to A&E.

flowers

kazt84 Fri 08-Jul-16 13:04:20

Thank you MasieDotes. EPU wont see me as i had a negative pregnancy test. I was rushed into a&e on Wednesday night who send me down to gyne where no scan was done just bloods and a internal exam they took swabs and sent me home with no pain killers

MaisieDotes Fri 08-Jul-16 14:14:14

I don't know what to advise then kaz

I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks a long time ago and they scanned me twice, once when the bleed started and once the next day.

I'm also not in the UK so I'm not fully familiar with the system. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable will come on soon.

Failing that I'm inclined to suggest returning to the A&E if the pain persists.

gingerbreadmanm Fri 08-Jul-16 14:17:47

I dont know about the negative testa but the pain could link to an ectopic i think its worth ringing epu and explaining your symptoms.

bonzo77 Fri 08-Jul-16 14:20:39

Pain might be infection due to retained products. You really do need a scan. Bit late along for an ectopic (usually present around 6-8 weeks I think, by 12 weeks it would have ruptured and you'd be very ill or dead).

kazt84 Fri 08-Jul-16 14:43:01

Thank you everyone, im going to speak to my gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now