Still spotting 4 weeks after miscarriage

(6 Posts)
AnUtterIdiot Wed 22-Jun-16 07:04:43

Pregnancy test is negative so hormones back to normal. It's just spotting on wiping, doesn't hit the pad and is increasingly lighter. Is this normal? I really don't want to have yet another internal scan at the EPAU.

AnUtterIdiot Fri 24-Jun-16 17:37:53

Bump?

Tomkat79 Sun 26-Jun-16 00:38:08

What miscarriage management did you opt for op?

KittensandKnitting Sun 26-Jun-16 00:43:49

With my 8 week miscarriage I bled for about five days and then it took 6 weeks to go back to the tests being negative and then I started spotting very similar as you describe, it wasn't what I was expecting for my first period after I think I was expecting lots and lots of it but it was very light and lasted a few days

Next one was evil and then my cycles returned.

I would speak to the doctor if your worried but what I will say is that the next internal scan will not be anything like your last one. I had to have one recently and was sweating before going is as the experience was so awful, didn't feel a thing like before so if you do have to have one at least this one less thing for you to be worrying about

I'm so sorry you have gone through this it is the hardest thing in the world flowers for you and be kind to yourself it does get easier X

KittensandKnitting Sun 26-Jun-16 00:44:16

The one above was a completely natural miscarriage.

AnUtterIdiot Tue 28-Jun-16 07:41:32

Thanks both. I didn't get a choice in the end - was booked for a D&C but had a complete miscarriage the night before.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now