I want to hear some happy endings

(7 Posts)
samk15 Mon 13-Jun-16 00:02:36

Please please for the love of god can someone tell me there is hope after multiple miscarriages

I'm now in the middle of having my 3rd MMC. It's beyond devastating. I am utterly broken. I'm 39 and have no DC. Please someone who's had similar experiences tell me there is hope. It worries me to death that I don't have any children and maybe I just can't - I'm not sure I'll ever accept it. What is wrong with me sad

samk15 Mon 13-Jun-16 16:02:03

Any kind souls

Alb1 Mon 13-Jun-16 16:30:04

I don't have any useful stories to tell as I haven't had recurrent miscarriages but don't want your post to be unanswered. I'm so sorry about what your going through, iv had a mmc before and recently had a stillbirth (although I had a healthy DS between the two) so I have some idea how you feel. If/when you feel ready to try again there's a group of us ttc after miscarriage in the conception forum so feel free to join us so we can support each other flowers

Chrysanthemum5 Mon 13-Jun-16 16:36:57

I had a miscarriage at 31 then a DC at 36 then another miscarriage at 38 and the my second DC at 39. No apparent reason for the miscarriages.

I found my doctor was really unhelpful but I hope you are getting better support

thelionsleeps Mon 13-Jun-16 16:48:22

Big hugs! It is just shit isn't it?

I had a miscarriage and then had my little boy about 15 months later. Tried for another and had a miscarriage. Pregnant again about 4 months later (after just one time!) and thought I had a miscarriage at 6 weeks - massive bleed and lost all the symptoms. Didn't go to epu as the bleed was so heavy and just knew and just couldn't face it.

6 weeks later pregnancy tests were still showing positive and I thought I must have retained products. Ended up in epu and found out I was 12 weeks pregnant with identical twins - an absolute bloody miracle! I'm 40 btw. So don't lose hope

Can you now be referred - I know where I am they want you to have 3 miscarriages before you can referred. Can you afford to go private as you are 39?

Look after yourself.

samk15 Mon 13-Jun-16 17:04:32

Thank you for replying. It's got to be loneliest feeling in the world. I'm sorry that you have all experienced losses too. I have great support at home and my GP is lovely but inside I switch between being utterly overwhelmed by grief to complete rage. And no matter what anyone says I feel so alone.

Alb I'll have a look at the thread, thank you.

Chrys you've given me hope, I'm paranoid I'm too old to be a mum.

The lion that is amazing. Bit of a shock I'd imagine.

I'm waiting to miscarry so that the hospital can do genetic testing on the foetus. I would go private but I wonder if it was worth waiting for the results of the genetic testing?

Chrysanthemum5 Mon 13-Jun-16 19:41:22

You're definitely not too old smile I know plenty of women who had babies in their 40s

Good luck I hope it all works out for you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now