Stitch like feeling in sides after miscarriage - normal or should I be concerned?

(6 Posts)
jinglebellmel Mon 30-May-16 09:46:07

Hi, I'm 3 weeks post medical miscarriage at 11 weeks and have been getting a stitch like feeling in my lower side/pelvis area on and off for the last couple of weeks. It's sometimes both sides, sometimes just one,sometimes goes altogether for a few days (although if I strain on the toilet I can still feel it, sorry tmi). At time it feels like my ovaries hurt and at others like my uterus is strained. Has anyone had similar?

I'm still getting very faint positives on preg tests so will have to phone epu soon anyway, but just wondered if it seemed normal or not. I stopped bleeding pretty quickly and have no spotting or dodgy discharge. Thanks

AnUtterIdiot Wed 01-Jun-16 23:22:21

I don't know the answer to this - would give GP or EPAU a ring. I imagine it's just part of the joy of miscarrying but best to put your mibd at rest flowers

Enigma1975 Thu 02-Jun-16 15:18:20

Hello, I have a similar feeling / discomfort. I'm also 3 weeks after a medically managed miscarriage at 8 weeks - unfortunately I've just found out there's some tissue left so I'm being booked in for a D&C asap :-/

Anyway, I have definitely felt a 'tugging' to one side or the other throughout - I don't know what the cause is though I'm afraid. I would mention it at your next appointment / to your GP to be safe.

AKP79 Thu 02-Jun-16 20:14:43

I have had this sensation too and have been told I have an infection and am retaining pregnancy products. Definitely get it checked out.

jinglebellmel Fri 03-Jun-16 10:51:12

Thanks all, no infection but I am being scanned for retained product today sad I hope that all of your pains have improved.

jinglebellmel Fri 03-Jun-16 22:28:25

Turns out I do have a small clot remaining, but looks as though the pain comes from an ovarian cyst which has developed since the miscarriage. Seems quite common after a miscarriage.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now