First AF after MC?

(11 Posts)
Bear2014 Wed 18-May-16 10:44:01

I had a natural MC 4 weeks and 3 days ago, I was 10 weeks gone. I bled for 2 weeks, which tailed off to brown and then stopped. So a 2 week window with no bleeding/spotting at all. Then this Monday, I got what seemed like the beginnings of AF (brown then some red with mild pains), then it kind of disappeared again. Was this it, or is it still to come? Finding it really difficult to know when CD1 would be. My periods are normally regular and heavy, if that helps. My first AF after having my daughter (when she was 13 months old!) was very light though.

InsufficientlyCaffeinated Wed 18-May-16 10:52:01

I'm really sorry for your loss flowers
MC really does throw your cycle out of whack. My first af came 5 weeks after mc and was different to normal, lots of spotting, much heavier. Carried on having spotting before af for the next three cycles. I've yet to have anything like what af was like pre-mc (first pregnancy) and it's been nearly 5 months.

It's about the right time for you to have af now but it could be that it's a stop-start one that drags out, or just a bit of retained blood from your mc that has come out.

I hope your af returns soon and ends your limbo

Kiss2DD Wed 18-May-16 11:10:53

That sound pretty much like what I had with my first miscarriage in 2012. I stopped bleeding after 10 days. Then I had minor/light bleeding after 10 days again. Not sure whether this is my first period. Then a month later, I start to have regular period since then, but from beginning it was sometimes 28 days, sometime 35 days. I had good ovulation. 5 months later after the loss, O day @ Day 21, I had my rainbow baby conceived.

I hope that helps.

Bear2014 Wed 18-May-16 13:39:34

Thank you both. So Kiss2DD that sounds like it was then? If the next one came a month later? Congratulations on your pregnancy!

Kiss2DD Wed 18-May-16 15:41:53

yes, I would say wait and see how it goes over time. Time heals wound physically, you need to be a little patient with that.

That was my first loss three years ago. I just had my second loss at 16 weeks two weeks ago. I am also waiting for my first period. Let's see how it will go this time.

Good luck!

Bear2014 Wed 18-May-16 15:43:42

Oh no Kiss, I am so sorry to hear that. Good luck to you too.

Kiss2DD Wed 18-May-16 18:25:23

Let's hope everything goes to normal again. Wish you have your rainbow baby in short time.hug

Whatsername17 Wed 18-May-16 22:22:38

My first af was horrendous, but I had retained products. The first cycle after mc is known as the wtf cycle. You can't count any fresh bleeding as a proper period unless the train have been 20 days pass between the start of your period and the end of the mc. Try to ignore the spotting and wait for it to get heavier. The first day of proper bleeding is cd1. Good luck!

Whatsername17 Wed 18-May-16 22:24:32

There have been^ not 'the train'. Sorry, combination of tiredness and autocorrect.

Bear2014 Thu 19-May-16 09:55:14

WTF would be accurate! it's ramped up so much overnight I leaked all over my jeans on the way to work and had to patch myself up in a station toilet, then buy new knickers from M&S and wash my jeans in the disabled toilets at the office. Being a woman is pretty sh*t at times, it has to be said...

hummingbird100 Mon 30-May-16 10:14:02

I'm sorry for your loss...it is the absolute worst, I had a miscarriage in April. And I'm having my WTF period too - I had my miscarriage bleeding from 10th April (my birthday sad - 25th April (approx). I was 12 weeks then but the baby had died at 9 weeks, a missed miscarriage. Positive OPK 1st May with ovary twinges that haven't really gone away. Period started on 15th May, bang on two weeks after this. Very heavy for 5 days then stopped for 2 days, then started again and have been bleeding lightly since then. Negative pregnancy test, no odour, intense pain or heavy bleeding - GPs not concerned but I've another appointment booked for next week to ask about it then. Just want the spotting to stop!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now