First miscarriage- advice

(6 Posts)
Hayhay123 Sun 08-May-16 09:02:29

Hi smile
Unfortunately I had my first miscarriage this weekend at 8+3 weeks. I spoke to the out of hours doctors surgery and they told me I don't need to be seen. Although I have read many people had to go for a scan. While I am not fussed about going I just wondered if that's normal? Did anyone else NOT go and get seen?
Thankyou
x

OTheHugeManatee Sun 08-May-16 09:04:12

I'm sorry for your loss.

I would call the GP on Monday and ask to be checked out to make sure everything has gone - if there is anything retained it can cause complications for you.

rider1975 Sun 08-May-16 09:39:01

Very sorry HayHay - I had my loss at exactly the same development as you. Definitely ask for a scan to ensure there is nothing left to pass. If your GP is unhelpful, you can always call an early pregnancy unit at a hospital directly - if they have a walk in service, you can be seen the same day although it could be a long wait

Hayhay123 Sun 08-May-16 10:02:52

Thank you both. I will try and call them on Monday. Unfortunately I am in the type of doctors surgery where you wait weeks to see anyone so it might be a problem. I will monitor my blood and symptoms.
Thank you x

Waitingformiracles Sun 08-May-16 13:51:55

Sorry for your loss Hayhay.

I wasnt seen after my second miscarriage. I phoned the EPU and they just said that as long as a HPT went negative after 2 weeks I didn't need to be seen and if it didn't they would get me in for a scan. It does seem to be different depending on where you are though...

Hayhay123 Sun 08-May-16 14:58:44

Thankyou flowers
They never mentioned doing a PT but I will in 2 weeks just to check. Thankyou x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now