missed miscarriage

(11 Posts)
Alicejj8 Wed 27-Apr-16 21:18:51

Hello, I had a mmc in March I didn't realise i was pregnant and when i found out I was 10 1/2 weeks gone. went for a scan and they told me I suffered a mmc and lost the baby at 6-8 weeks they weren't to sure as my dates confused them as I was still on the pill at the time

Anyway last Friday I had the medical management pessaries I took them at 5.30pm and it didn't start untill 4.20am Saturday morning I had no pain at all or cramps which after reading a lot of posts on medical management I was very shocked and happy I didn't have the pain. I passed ALOT of clots and a lot of blood which i was happy about as it meant the medical management was working and a week and few days on I'm still bleeding nothing majorly heavy and a few clots here and there but what I am wondering is I have a re scan this coming Friday I haven't yet done a pregnancy test but was wondering do you think it is still possible to have retained products left?

toomuchtooold Thu 28-Apr-16 09:44:07

Hello - I'm not sure, and hopefully someone with more experience of medically managed MCs will soon come along and contribute. I had 2 MMCs where the baby died at 6-8 weeks and the miscarriage started spontaneously at 11w. Both times there was a sort of full on MC (the first one started on one day, tailed off, and then started again the next day and I passed more blood and clots) followed by about 2 weeks of bleeding, sometimes with clots being passed, and the bleeding tailed off over the couple of weeks.
I think unless you've stopped bleeding entirely you can't know whether there's retained tissue or not but they'll see at the scan.

Hope you're well, and flowers - stay strong.

Alicejj8 Thu 28-Apr-16 09:58:27

Thankyou for your reply smile
it's so hard isn't it to know about what's going on inside untill you have that scan

I've got it tmo at 12.15! so I am hoping that it has all gone away so my body can recover and start trying in a few months for another one. I feel like this whole process has been strung out and I haven't been able to properly grieve as its stil going on sad

I really hope the tissue or products inside has all come away as I am still bleeding so hoping this is a good sign of anything was left in there with the bleeding it would of pushed it through Hope your okay too xxx

toomuchtooold Thu 28-Apr-16 12:16:37

I always felt like it was similar to the time between someone dying and having the funeral. I keep my fingers crossed for you.

Alicejj8 Thu 28-Apr-16 12:17:43

Yes I can see where your coming from.
Thankyou I'll fil you in tmo after the scansmile xx

toomuchtooold Fri 29-Apr-16 09:07:27

Not long now - good luck flowers

Alicejj8 Fri 29-Apr-16 14:24:16

So scan showed abit of retained products left in me- the doctor said its nothing to worry about as the worst is overV but the scan lady told me something different she told me that there was a lot left inside but the doctor said the worst was over :/ I am abir confused tbh but they don't want to see me for any re scan only unless I want one ? is that a good thing or bad thing do you think

toomuchtooold Fri 29-Apr-16 19:08:16

My first one they said there was some retained stuff after the main MC but it came away and I stopped bleeding about 10 days later.

I'd believe the doctor I think. I mean, I had one MC that stopped and started but the two phases of contractions were only about 24h apart, not over a week. And you had the pill as well - that should have done the job. I can't believe that after a week it would start up again really bad. I think as well if there was a lot of tissue they would probably have recommended an ERPC. I'd expect your bleeding will tail off in the next week or two but if not you can always go back.

Have you got any plans this weekend? I hope you're doing something nice. Do something nice! After each one, DH and I used to always try and do stuff that was as un child friendly as possible - gigs and drinking mostly!

Oh also - this is your second MC. If you go on to have a third, get it investigated. 2 MCs in a row is still much more likely to be bad luck than anything else but at 3, you're 50:50 to be bad luck or something else.

Alicejj8 Fri 29-Apr-16 21:49:19

Thankyou for your reply smile
Yes I think your right, I think it'll tail off itself and like you said if it was a lot of products left they would do said to have done something about it rather than Jjst sending me home without any plan or treatment so I'm hoping this is the end for me now!!!!

Yes we're off to London actually- it came at a good time as we booked it ages and ages ago so I think we need to get away were staying in a boat for the weekend lol so should be fun.

hope your all okay now xx Thankyou so much for your advice xxx

toomuchtooold Mon 02-May-16 08:21:54

Hope you had a great weekend smile

I'm fine - I have 4 year old twins! It's coming up on 9 years since my MC. I've had all the tests and stuff, found out I have a chromosomal abnormality and I eventually did IVF with preimplantation genetic diagnosis. Like I said, at 2 MCs it's most likely just bad luck but if you ever want any info about testing just PM me smile

Alicejj8 Tue 03-May-16 18:08:57

Thankyou!

Awh I see!! I hope your be okay with it coming up to the certain dates.

I am hoping it's fine the doctors said it was all fine and left me to walk away with retained products inside as they said it'll work irs way out naturally xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now