still bleeding after 6 weeks

(14 Posts)
nailsathome Thu 21-Apr-16 20:55:27

Scan was clear after 1 week. I'm so fed up with it.

3littlebadgers Thu 21-Apr-16 21:04:11

Oh nails, if you are at all worried please see your doctor. Could it be a return of your period too? I lost my little girl to stillbirth last year, and the bleeding took ages to subside. Just as it seemed to get lighter it became heavier and brighter again and the gp confirmed it was my period returning. It felt so cruel that although my heart was breaking, my body was all too willing to move on.
Be kind to yourself my lovely flowers I'm so sorry

nailsathome Fri 22-Apr-16 19:09:42

I think maybe it was my period last week as I was flooding and having to change pads every 40 mins. But it's still red and clotty although lighter than it was. Dr isn't really interested because the scan was clear.

FozBoz Fri 22-Apr-16 20:27:00

That sucks. I am sorry. I can sympathise. I'm 5 weeks past now and bleeding hasn't really stopped.

It's grinding isn't it? flowers

I feel like recovery is on hold till the lhysical symptoms fuck off. sad

nailsathome Sat 23-Apr-16 08:35:06

Sorry you're still bleeding too. It is wearing me down. I don't want to see it any more.

I'm so exhausted

Alicejj8 Thu 28-Apr-16 12:24:21

Hello, I have had a mmc in March which I had no idea I was even pregnant. the fetus was measuring 6 weeks but sac 9-10 weeks.
I went with medical management as I can't do the d&c due to me hating surgery where you have to be put to sleep.i. took the medical management pessaries on the 15th April and had no pain what's so ever- a lot of blood and normal sized clots nothing bad at all which I felt very surprised with as I have been told to expect pain

however 13 days on I'm still bleeding ( not heavy at all) very light and a few little clots here and there I have a follow up scan tmo booked in at 12.15 to make sure there aren't any retained products left - is this normal to still bleed after nearly 2 weeks?!

nailsathome Thu 28-Apr-16 17:48:12

Yes 2 weeks is normal.

I'm now on week 7 sad

AppleMagic Thu 28-Apr-16 17:50:50

I bled for 8 weeks after my mmc last year. It kept stopping and starting too.
I also had an "all clear" scan two weeks in.

Alicejj8 Thu 28-Apr-16 21:47:12

yeah mine keeps stopping and starting ;/ meh. hope my scan is all clear tmo X

Alicejj8 Fri 29-Apr-16 14:24:35

So scan showed abit of retained products left in me- the doctor said its nothing to worry about as the worst is overV but the scan lady told me something different she told me that there was a lot left inside but the doctor said the worst was over :/ I am abir confused tbh but they don't want to see me for any re scan only unless I want one ? is that a good thing or bad thing do you think

nailsathome Fri 29-Apr-16 16:11:55

I would ask for a rescan in a week

AppleMagic Fri 29-Apr-16 19:23:02

I'm sure that the sonographer said there was lots of "fluff" left at my scan (although I was quite upset at having to go back to the maternity hospital to have the scan so wasn't really focused). I think that might have been why I bled for so long after.
I think they measure the thickness of the endometrium layer to give the all clear or not but can sometimes see old blood that still needs to come out.

Alicejj8 Fri 29-Apr-16 21:46:11

Awh okay I see! so it'll prob come out by itself xx

nailsathome Sun 12-Jun-16 17:18:15

Just an update from me in case anyone finds themselves in the same position.

I bled for 13 weeks, had 5 haemorrhages, tried tranexamic acid and 2 courses of norethisterone and finally had an emergency erpc for retained products on Thursday evening.

If you think that something is not normal, please insist on having it checked. My gp was useless, I ended up in a&e.

I need this to be over soon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now