Heavy bleeding at 5 weeks

(5 Posts)
holygold13 Fri 15-Apr-16 12:02:54

Hi, fairly new to this so please bare with,

Tested 6 BFP last Thursday to Saturday, AF was due between 5th and 10th so could have been early but got positives (however faint!) and did my first CB digital on the Saturday and got pregnant 1-2wks. Booked an appointment with Dr who took one look at my tests and said I was Preg, dipped for a UTI as I had symptoms (full bladder etc) which came back clear, she booked my midwife appointment for the 22nd, and gave me a load of leaflets.
Anyway yesterday morning woke up to the tiniest bleed when I wiped which was a faded pink, was a little worried but not overly as has no cramps. Got to work and the cramps started, bleeding seemed to have stopped or whatever was there was extremely faint. Got an appointment an hour later and went down, Dr did an internal and confirmed bleeding and booked me in on Tuesday at EPU. She also said at this point it could go either way and put me on bed rest, which I did. However I got home and the cramps got worse, never unbareable and never needed pain tablets or anything but they were there and started bleeding heavy. Never filled pad but not sure if it was because I'm laying down because everytime I went for a wee there was a lot of blood and a few small clots, size of seseme seeds. Was up during the night, more paranoid than anything to check how much I was bleeding. Still only tiny amounts on pad. However first wee this morning passed a clot size of my little finger. Still got the mild cramps still bleeding. I've been on bed rest of over 24 hours now, don't know what to do with myself.
I guess what I'm asking is do I bother going on Tuesday or shall I just accept this is a miscarriage and start trying to move from this now?
Obviously absolutely devestated and I'm sure you'll understand it's the not knowing that's the worse. No matter how much blood always going to be that tiny bit of hope 😔

Anne x

holygold13 Fri 15-Apr-16 12:10:08

Sorry forgot to add - did a Preg test yesterday which is a obvious BFP but did one about 10.30 this morning and it came back BFNsad
Further confirmation I've lost it/losing it.
Do the hormones really change that quickly?

RoTo72 Fri 15-Apr-16 20:01:07

Hi op. So sorry your thing thru this. I had a silent miscarriage so am afraid I cant help with how a natural one goes. But I would definitely keep your appointment with epu. For what its worth with my silent mc I had light spotting just. But had a heavy bleed at 5 months with my now 15yr old son. flowers

RoTo72 Fri 15-Apr-16 20:01:48

going not thing

Scarydinosaurs Fri 15-Apr-16 20:10:24

Do please still go to your appointment, I'm so sad to say that yes, you have probably lost the baby flowers but it is important to have that confirmed and check that it happening as it should and that you don't need any medical intervention.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now