Miscarriage and step children - dc's mentioned

(1 Post)
monkeytree Thu 03-Mar-16 21:27:38

Hi

I'm hoping someone may relate to this post. I am struggling to put my feelings into words, they seem to be all over the place.

I have 2 lovely daughters. I had a mc - a ds at 20 weeks in feb 2015. I have 2 grown up stepchildren - 1 male, 1 female. My dh's son hasn't been in contact us with a while (since before mc) and now being in a 'better place' has got back in touch with dh out of the blue and is planning to visit soon.

I hadn't really considered this before as my stepson hasn't really been a significant part of the family (his choice) and I find myself feeling really envious. I am happy for dh, I want him to be happy and having my own children know how important it is for him to see his son. My older dd is really excited about the visit too (my stepson has always been stand offish towards my dd) and I can't help but feel angry - my dd should have had a db if things had gone to plan and my stepson is the nearest she's going to get in terms of a brother (dd has always expressed a preference for a sister which fortunately for her she does have now).

Can anyone relate to the sadness and frustration and envy that I feel with this situation?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now