Nowhere To Turn

(10 Posts)
LouisaJF Sun 21-Feb-16 23:32:02

Five years ago I suffered a miscarriage and dealt with it very badly. I am incredibly lucky as I have gone on to have two incredibly beautiful and perfect boys for which I am eternally grateful. The problem is that I can stop thinking about my lost little one. I think about him more than anyone knows but this last couple of months it seems to have switched up a gear and I can get him out of my mind. I cry the second I think about him and my heart just breaks all over again.

DH dealt with it really well but he developed a degree of frustration when I couldn't move on. I became slightly irrational in my grief and he just couldn't understand it, which made me hide it from that point onwards. I don't want him to sound like a monster, he is a wonderful DH in so many ways but for him emotions are very straight forward and he can't understand it when people don't deal with things. I don't want to tell him how I'm feeling now because I think in the long run it will stress me out even more trying to get him to understand.
I have very few friends and my closest ones are all going through some horrible situations at the moment and don't need burdening with this. I don't have any contact with my family.

I guess I just feel lost. I don't know why I'm posting, I just don't know how to get a grip. I never want to forget him but I can carry on feeling like this. I know I should just be grateful for the two angels I have, so many people aren't so lucky, but I just can't let him go. I don't know what to do or where to turn, I just want to stop crying.

Wolfiefan Sun 21-Feb-16 23:33:51

Oh bless you. You don't make him sound like a monster at all but you clearly need help. Have you tried the miscarriage association? X

LouisaJF Sun 21-Feb-16 23:49:41

I think I spoke to them once when it first happened. I'm not good at explaining my feelings so I didn't really know what to say. I'd feel a bit daft ringing them five years on.

Wolfiefan Sun 21-Feb-16 23:54:37

Why should you feel daft? You have suffered a loss and everyone grieves differently.

LouisaJF Mon 22-Feb-16 08:38:04

I don't know. It just seems silly to try and get help five years after the event. I should have gotten over it by now.

RoTo72 Mon 22-Feb-16 19:03:42

Hi. I'm only 3 months after my miscarriage, nut I don't think il ever "get over" it. It is a loss and a traumatic one at that. UV every right to feel how u do and ur not being silly at all. I'm going yo bereavement counselling and I'm finding that helpful.

Moving15 Mon 22-Feb-16 19:13:25

I am 2.5 year post miscarriage and remember everyday and regularly get tearful. I'm not a very emotional person and I have been very surprised how much the whole experience affected me. I still can't really talk about it all. Grieving is a long process, I think I just have to let myself go through it at my pace. I wear a special necklace so I feel like the baby is with me still. Sometimes I wonder if I should take it off so I don't keep playing over things in my mind. It helps me to know that other women also never forget their babies. A friend who miscarried 20 years ago said she still felt much the same.

lonelystarbuckslover Mon 22-Feb-16 21:11:44

I'm a year on and also can't forget it. It is a very traumatic thing to go through in so many ways. I don't think I will ever get over it, as long as I live. I have no DC.

Lots of love to you and sorry for everyone's losses x

Astrophil Tue 23-Feb-16 14:51:31

I'm sorry for your loss. Please don't feel silly asking for help. Everyone is different and everyone grieves in their own way at their own pace. I miscarried just last weekend, and I don't see how I'll ever get over it. It's such a sad and traumatic event, and the advice I keep reading here is to not feel guilty for whatever you're feeling. I would add to that don't feel guilty for however long you feel it, either.

MamaLazarou Tue 23-Feb-16 17:27:31

You poor love. Talk about it on here as much as it helps. Don't feel silly for not being over it yet. It's a very hard thing to deal with.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now