Talk me down

(7 Posts)
HatHead Sun 31-Jan-16 11:51:43

I'm 12+5 and woke up this morning feeling awful, weak, headachey, diarrhoea with a crampy, congested feeling in the pelvic area like you get before the start of a period. I'm going to the loo every 5 minutes to check but there's been no bleeding as yet but I'm convinced there's something wrong. I've had a miscarriage before (although much earlier) and I'm really worried that this is it again. I had a scan on Friday which was all fine but now I feel so awful and we've already told our families so I'm terrified of letting everyone down.

I'm not really sure what I want from this post, I just need reassuring that everything is going to be ok.

cestlavielife Sun 31-Jan-16 11:55:01

Virus or food poisoning ?

You won't let anyone down.

If the worst happens the fact you told means people will support you.

But drink lots fluid and hopefully all will be ok.

FaFoutis Sun 31-Jan-16 11:59:07

You are very unlikely indeed to have a miscarriage so quickly after a positive scan. It sounds like you are just ill.

I know how you feel though, pregnancy after a mc is terrifying.

HatHead Sun 31-Jan-16 12:06:01

Thank you both and I hope it is just a virus, Fa, I'm glad it's not just me who's terrified after mc. I guess it's the weird pelvic feeling that has most freaked me out. I just hope it passes and the baby is ok. Today feels like it's lasted a week already.

MrsLeighHalfpenny Sun 31-Jan-16 12:08:39

I don't think diarrhoea and headaches are associated with m/c. I worked all through mine, even though it was awful. But I have been wrong before. Hope you're OK OP.

FaFoutis Sun 31-Jan-16 12:38:53

Pregnancy is full of wierd pelvic feelings! You are probably just growing and stretching. I found that felt different in each pregnancy, no idea why.

HatHead Sun 31-Jan-16 13:02:05

Thank you! You're all making me feel a lot better (and less bonkers!). I have had loads of different symptoms this time than I had with DS1 (and this is DS2) which I couldn't quite fathom so good that I'm not the only one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now