is this a missed miscarriage?

(8 Posts)
jacq79 Fri 29-Jan-16 16:17:09

Im 36 and have really bad endometriosis, I have been told that it would be unlikely that I would get pregnant without IVF. I woke up on the 9th Dec and I knew I was pregnant. I just knew, no missed period no symptoms nothing. The next day I had some spotting and a bit of pain, which i think might have been implantation.

I had some spotting two week ago and went to the EPU, they scanned me and said that they could see the sack and yolk, but i should have been further on (last period was 15th Nov) and advised my dates were wrong or it had stopped growing, come back in two weeks.

So they did the scan today, it has grown in the last two weeks, its went from a sac and yolk to a sac and a foetal pole BUT there doesn’t appear to a be heartbeat. They feel at this stage there should be heartbeat, BUT it still could be too early. So I’m none the wiser and they wont tell me how far on they think I am and need to go back next week for another scan. This time she was less positive and told us to prepare for the worst

I just don’t know what to think, I want to be positive and hope for the best, but I’m also being realistic and know that it’s unlikely they will find a heartbeat next week. I’m at my wits end.

Sorry for the long post.

jacq79 Wed 03-Feb-16 17:01:09

turns out it was.

Thanks for the responses

KittyandTeal Wed 03-Feb-16 17:05:38

I'm really sorry to hear this. I did read your original post but I'm afraid I had no useful advice.

Have the hospital given you any idea of what to expect next or any choices?

💐 For you, I'm sorry no one responded to you at this really hard time x

Noggie Wed 03-Feb-16 17:19:35

So sorry to hear your upsetting news. Having a miscarriage is so hard. Take care of yourself over the next few weeks which are bound to be tough. X

jacq79 Wed 03-Feb-16 17:21:41

Thanks Kitty. I need to go back next week for another scan, which is just prolonging the agony. They said they would discuss options then. I've started a period like bleed, but nothing else. Not sure if that is the start of it. sad

EchoesOfLeon Wed 03-Feb-16 17:28:22

Hi Jac

Sorry you didnt get any replies to your OP. The times between scans is horrible, do they know you have started to bleed? Or was that after your last scan?

There's a good thread on here about preparing for what may happen next or I know I'm happy to run through experiences with you. Or if you don't want to think about that yet have some flowers

It's shit and I'm sorry you are in this position now sad

jacq79 Wed 03-Feb-16 17:59:40

Hi Echos. The bleeding has started since the last scan on monday, its just like a period. I had some on off bleeding the week before, but this has been constant.

I'll have a root about and see if I can find those threads. Would be good to be prepared.

I'm just so annoyed with myself, we didn't think it would happen, so when it did, I stupidly just assumed it would be ok!

RoTo72 Thu 04-Feb-16 19:47:04

Its not stupid. I was the same. I had to wait two weeks between scans. Id convinced myself everything was well as I still had symptoms. Tho the day of the second scan I said to oh "I'm not getting my hair done to hear bad news". I felt like such a fool at first scan, hair done, make up.perfect and new clothes. R first scan was the 12 weeks dating scan, was such a shock not to hear a heartbeat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now