Any idea how long / what to expect?

(6 Posts)
waitinggame1234 Wed 13-Jan-16 19:31:50

LMP 25th Nov.

Had scan last week, should have been 5+6 but they could only see a gestational sac and put me at 4+4. Scan today even less clear and they could see areas of bleeding. They think it's probably not a viable pregnancy and I will miscarry but the pg test they did was still strongly positive. Have another scan on Friday (better scanning machine).

Anyone have any idea whether the cramping / bleeding is likely to be imminent?

shopaholic85 Wed 13-Jan-16 19:54:49

I'm so sorry you are going through this waitinggame.

I'm no expert, but think every miscarriage is different so hard to predict what will happen. Do read up on what to expect if you do start to miscarry. It can be quite frightening if you don't know.

Loki17 Wed 13-Jan-16 23:00:51

I has a 'natural' miscarriage at 13 weeks. Baby died at 8 and we found out at 10+5. I've written up my experience in a thread titled 'My story'. I got strong positive tests until I passed the baby. Today's is very faint but I'm 4 days post miscarriage.

mrsdiddlydoo Wed 13-Jan-16 23:09:24

Everyone's different so its hard to say. I am sorry you are going through this. The uncertainty is horrible.

To understand what to expect if you do mc check out www.mumsnet.com/Talk/miscarriage/1344311-Tips-for-coping-with-the-practicalities-of-miscarriage

waitinggame1234 Wed 13-Jan-16 23:28:19

Thanks, I will read that thread.

I feel like I can't be upset about it. It was a surprise positive and I was going to have a termination, hence such early scans. It's like the control aspect has gone but I don't feel like I'm allowed to be upset.

redstrawberries101 Thu 14-Jan-16 10:37:43

It's still a loss so you can be upset. Don't feel guilty. It's important to let yourself feel what you feel rather than 'I can't' or 'I should'. Miscarriage is emotionally draining and you want to deal with this properly so you can 'move on'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now