Advice please :(

(4 Posts)
Michloth84 Fri 20-Nov-15 18:09:13

I'm currently 6weeks 2days pregnant with my first. My first midwife appt is over 1week away. Last night when I went to the toilet there was blood all be it very faint. I was fine last night and today and just went to the toilet and a proper blood spot on the tissue. I can feel a mild dull ache in my lower abdomen. I know I'm prob panicking I've read its normal to 'spot' in the first trimester. But with no one to ask that has been through it I can't help but worry. Doctors all closed as it's now the weekend. It would mean phoning the hospital and I don't know if it's bad enough to bother the hospital. Any advise would be appreciated xxxx

haggard1 Fri 20-Nov-15 19:10:35

Firstly, try not to panic. Pregnancy can be strange and the dull ache might not be anything to worry about. I had a lot of bleeding at 12 weeks with #2 - enough to call an ambulance for. I was admitted to A&E about 4am on a Saturday morning and seen at 12pm but they couldn't tell me anything and they don't do scans at my hospital at weekends so had to wait for a scan on Monday. I was in bits all weekend. Thankfully it was a placental bleed but no idea why, just one of those things and DD is fine.

I would book in with a midwife as soon as you can for peace of mind and if you're really worried try and get an emergency appointment over the weekend at your surgery or nearest walk-in.

if you start bleeding a lot and find a clot larger than 50p call an ambulance as it can be dangerous for you.

Hopefully it's just a weird pregnancy thing as your body gets used to making a cosy nest for your little one's tenancy! Hang on in there, and seek medical advice if you're worried - you know your body better than anyone.

Blueskies80 Fri 20-Nov-15 20:00:32

As the pp said, try not to worry. It could be something, it could be nothing. I have had big bleeds in my first pregnancy and my daughter is now 4. It was a bleed from the membranes around the placenta and was very heavy, but more of a sudden heaviness then it slowed and stopped. And then repeated itself every week or so until week 9.

Currently however having a mc unfortunately and had low level bleeding and cramps throughout pregnancy. Same with a previous mc.

If you get heavy bleeding definitely go to a and e and ask to be monitored and scanned. As an aside, it's a nonsense that women with heavy bleeding don't always get hospital care and are expected to do this at home. If the bleeding remains light then speak to your hospitals early pregnancy unit on Monday morning and go for a scan. A scan won't always be conclusive at this stage and you would likely have to go back a week or two later for a further scan to see how the pregnancy is developing.

Good luck xxx

Michloth84 Fri 20-Nov-15 20:22:15

Thanks for your help there has been nothing since again so will see how I go over the weekend and phone doctor on Monday xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now