6 weeks, 4 days pregnant

(3 Posts)
Livvy84 Thu 18-Jun-15 15:41:58

Hi ladies,

I am at home very upset and would like, if possible, some advice please.

I have been estimated at being 6 weeks, 4 days pregnant by my gestation sac which is measured at 21 mm.

I have a healthy looking gestation sac and a healthy looking yolk sac but NO fetal pole. ��

I can't stop worrying and crying. My boyfriend has cried too and he has now left to go on an 8 day holiday.

My blood hormone test measures 8146. That test is being repeated on Monday, as well as another scan being done that day.

What do I do? Accept that there is no baby? The sonographer has said she expects to see something at 6 weeks.

Any advice welcome. X

bakingtins Thu 18-Jun-15 19:23:04

Hi livvy I'm so sorry you are in limbo like this. Unfortunately early scans are often inconclusive. Can I ask why you were scanned in the first place? Have you had bleeding or cramping? How far along do you think you are - do you know when you ovulated. Although they are expecting to see a foetal pole at 6 weeks with a HB detected between 6 and 7, it would only be a few mm. If you are less far along then things might have changed by next week.
It depends v much on your personality how you handle the limbo, whether it seems easier to assume it's a MC or if you hold on to hope until proved wrong, it's not easy either way. flowers
I hope you get better news on Monday.

stoatystoat Thu 18-Jun-15 20:21:14

Hope you get good news on Monday, fingers crossed for you. I Was in limbo when my mmc was being diagnosed, it seemed to go on for weeks. It was really hard. I really sympathise, please feel free to PM or vent here, especially as your boyfriend is away. Have you got anyone else who can look after you?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now