Think I'm miscarrying again...

(14 Posts)
inamaymaybewrong Thu 11-Jun-15 22:29:59

I have an almost 3 yr old from IVF.
I got pregnant at the end of last year after a frozen embryo cycle but miscarried just before 7 weeks,
Was stunned to conceive naturally in April and am now almost 9 weeks. Had a private reassurance scan almost 2 weeks ago when all was fine, strong heartbeat etc and dates bang on.
But today I've had slight brown spotting in my underwear and when I wipe after the loo. I'm terrified. GP has referred me to EPU for scan but appt isn't until next Tuesday.
I have some progesterone suppositories left over from the frozen cycle. Should I start using them? Might that help?
At the scan the sonographer saw what looked like a retained implantation bleed. She said it might come away but I can't stop worrying. I had no bleeding at all with my son.

thedevilsavocado Thu 11-Jun-15 22:34:16

Sorry to hear you are going through this. I have had miscarriages, but I also had more bleeding (brown and red) with the pregnancy that resulted in DS. A heartbeat after 6 weeks is a really good sign, hang on in there. Thinking of you x

Impala77 Thu 11-Jun-15 22:35:49

I only have 1 child, when I was pregnant I had lots of brown spotting right up to 14 weeks. She was born fit and healthy. I know it's hard not to worry but it may be nothing.
If it's bright red I think that's a concern.
hope everything turns out of xx

Impala77 Thu 11-Jun-15 22:36:39

ok

resipsa Thu 11-Jun-15 22:38:14

God, I feel for you. Had 3 m/cs myself, 2 after IVF. Try to keep hold of what sonographer said and that brown blood is old blood.
It's a horrible waiting game but not sure I'd use the progesterone if it's a natural conception. You don't need it.
Will be thinking of you.

inamaymaybewrong Fri 12-Jun-15 07:18:21

The blood is getting redder in colour and the flow seems a bit heavier this morning.... Reddy-brown rather than red or brown. I can't stand the waiting but feel it's over now for me. Am meant to be going on a nursery trip with my son and husband today. What do I do?

inamaymaybewrong Sat 13-Jun-15 09:12:06

I passed everything, including the tiny fetus in its sac, last night at around 9pm. We're devastated.

Impala77 Sat 13-Jun-15 11:50:26

So sorry hun xxx

resipsa Sat 13-Jun-15 14:15:31

So sorry too. It's so unfair.
Hope you are OK.

LikeASoulWithoutAMind Sat 13-Jun-15 14:18:12

Oh I'm so sorry sad Look after yourself.

MarshaBrady Sat 13-Jun-15 14:22:22

I'm so sorry, it's devastating.

Blueskies80 Sat 13-Jun-15 14:24:23

So sorry for you. It's awful. Look after yourself. Xxx

inamaymaybewrong Sat 13-Jun-15 18:34:58

Thanks for your kind comments.

thedevilsavocado Sun 14-Jun-15 09:19:16

So sorry, miscarriage is just horrible. Take care xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now