miscarriage

(5 Posts)
Cherrypie5 Tue 02-Jun-15 22:54:12

Hi everyone.
I have been spotting light brown discharge on and off since Friday, along with mild cramps occasionally. I had a scan at the epu today at 12+1 to be told that there is no heart beat and the baby stopped developing around 10 weeks. sad I can't stop crying.
I was given 3 options, to wait and miscarry naturally, medical management or surgical and told I didn't have to make my mind up immediately and can call tomorrow.
I have decided surgical management is the best option for me, but if I call tomorrow how long do you usually have to wait to have it done? I'm scared I will start to miscarry naturally while waiting and then they won't do. I'm also terrified of starting to bleed heavily while at work or out and about... My work don't even know I was pregnant, I've been off sick so far this week but haven't given the real reason yet.
I just feel so sad and scared sad this was my first pregnancy.

LDLB88 Tue 02-Jun-15 23:55:12

Hi there
I am really sorry to hear about your loss and whilst I am in no way an expert in these matters I can share my own experience having actually been through the surgical route myself this afternoon.

Like yourself I started spotting over the weekend (9w+2) but assumed it was "normal" but the brown turned to red turned to clots so I went to my GP yesterday morning (monday) and insisted on a referral to the EPU who confirmed the bad news.

I opted for surgery and they had a slot for me today (Tuesday) - I think it definitely depends on the availability of the hospital.
If you are worried about going in to natural miscarriage in the meantime please don't worry-the main thing is to either get to your EPU or A&E who will assess you and decide on the best course of action.

I actually started cramping and bleeding heavily on Monday night and by the time I reached hospital this morning I was actively miscarrying. However instead of sending me home I was rescanned and then given the option of going ahead with the surgery or going home (natural management). I chose just to get it sorted today. The plus side is that they pushed me up the operation list and I got seen to much more quickly given my condition.

It is heartbreaking but please try not to be scared and trust that the doctors will do everything to ensure you are well and get the treatment that you need. I would recommend resting up, being kind to yourself and not going far from home right now. Wishing you the best of luck...it will be ok I promise x

Cherrypie83 Wed 03-Jun-15 09:12:40

Hi
Thank you for your reply, I am really sorry for you loss, but it's comforting to know there are others going through the same thing and I feel less alone.
I hope you recover from the operation quickly phyically, although I understand emotionally it could take a while.
I woke with some period like cramping this morning, but its still only very minimal brown spotting. Called the EPU who said they can probably fit me in for surgery on Friday morning and will call back to confirm. I just hope the miscarriage holds off til then x

Chasmac Thu 04-Jun-15 12:57:44

I discovered at a scan yesterday that my baby had stopped developing at 9 weeks. I was given the option to have surgery today. I hope you get booked in as soon as you are ready. Personally I wanted it done quickly so I wouldn't have to 'witness' it if you know what I mean . Hope you are alright it's a hideous thing to have to go through

babyangelbean20315 Wed 10-Jun-15 08:29:21

My mmc was Sept I had the op whilst asleep, I started to miscarry naturally the day before my op, because I had been clotting they did an internal scan which showed my baby was still there so they went ahead with the surgery after asking me if I still want too
I dont think I could deal with it naturally as I still haven't really dealt with it very well anyway

The bleeding after was for like 10 days but then I kept spotting in between periods for the first 2/3 cycles and they were very irregular

But to answeer your original question they will still do it if there is anything in the internal scan, I'm sorry for your loss and it is the worst thing to experience but your not alone and this website has helped me so much to get to where I am today just by being able to say what I want when I want and someone will understand is a warming feeling when your in such a cold place

I hope everything goes ok for you jus look after yourself and tell work what happened they more than likely will have someone in management or HR who would have been through this and will support you - it is very surprising how Many people come forward to support you when they know
at my work I was off for a long time like months and when I came back the actual manager for the whole building came and took me for like a hour n a half and told me his experience and let me talk and told me whenever I need something - sane with HR manager

I think people are open to talk about this if they have been through it : it's very therapeutic to have that feeling that your feelings are normal and the emotions are normal and it does help you realise you are strong and not weak and your reaction is ok and is normal

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now