Physical recovery after ERPC.......How long before the sharp twinges stop?

(10 Posts)
Allmychildrenhavepaws Sat 16-May-15 18:36:02

Hello ladies, some of you I have had some much needed support from which I greatly appreciate. So I had the ERPC on Monday this week after a very long and drawn out mmc (failed to completely mc naturally, medical management failed twice, ended up with very small retained products that wouldn't budge!) Had some pain as expected in the first few days, but now 6 days on today, have had a few sharp twinges and cramps.......Is this normal, can anyone share their experience. Am dreading ttc again, feel that mc has sucked all the naivety and excitement out of possible future pg's.......what I had once looked forward to I am now terrified by (being pg).......Anyone feel the same? Feel so alone x

Pleasepassthewine Sat 16-May-15 22:48:48

I've had mmc, two in fact. It's a horrible experience and when it happened to me everyone else in the world seemed to be pg. I felt so alone. For me being pg was a stressful time because of that. Thst said, I now have two dcs. They are worth everything I went through. Stay strong, mc is nasty but very common and you are not alone. Be kind to yourself cakeflowers

Allmychildrenhavepaws Sat 16-May-15 23:31:48

Thanks Wine, and I'm sorry for your previous losses. I know that future children will mean the world to me, and I'll put myself through anything to have them....even if it means having to experience mc again whilst trying. I suppose it's these experiences that change and build a person. I just hope I come out the other end stronger x

SinIckAll Sun 17-May-15 00:48:02

sorry to hear about your loss and experience allmy.

I experienced sharp twinges for a couple of days around 5-7 days after my surgery. I'm really not sure what it was, perhaps internal bruising? it seemed to correlate with when I started moving out of the house more, so could have been that I was noticing the pain more because I was on less painkillers /didn't have my hot water bottle etc. I read up that others had experienced similar and some put it down to trapped wind putting pressure on sore parts. if it continues maybe contact your epu just to chat to them about it for reassurance? I hope you start to feel better soon x

Allmychildrenhavepaws Sun 17-May-15 11:56:10

Thanks Sin...that would make sense to me, I think the pain is related to my bowel movements (TMI sorry). It probably is the pressure on the sore parts. Haven't really got out of bed much other than to do the dinner or unload laundry etc, but have noticed the pain is worse when I push myself to do something. Told myself that today is the last day in bed, and that next week is a new week, time to start doing something smile. Thanks for sharing your experience, and I'm sorry you had to also go through this horrid time flowers x

SinIckAll Sun 17-May-15 12:36:59

just take your time and be kind to yourself. you've just been through a horrendous experience and shouldn't feel you have to push yourself to do things until you're ready. good luck with the recovery x

Allmychildrenhavepaws Sun 17-May-15 14:24:51

Thank you, that's very kind xx

Pleasepassthewine Sun 17-May-15 20:34:54

Even though I've got two dcs now, I haven't forgotten. I still remember the due date of my lost baby, would have been 8 last week. It will make you stronger and sadly many women don't find getting pg or staying pg easy. Stay strong and give your self time, you'll smile again xxx

Allmychildrenhavepaws Mon 18-May-15 21:27:51

Thanks Wine, I'm sure I will...just doesn't seem like it at the moment. One day at a time though ay!
Phoned the unit I had ERPC in today to tell them I still have pain, they said I shouldn't have pain now after a week, and to go to the doctors. Gonna go tomorrow. Thanks for your posts ladies xxx

Allmychildrenhavepaws Tue 19-May-15 20:10:48

Turned out I have an infection confused Two lots of antibiotics and should all be fine x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now