Bittersweet news...

(4 Posts)
babybellsmum Tue 05-May-15 19:33:13

Hi, firstly sorry if I'm in the wrong place, wasn't sure where best to post. I've just got back from the hospital after having my 12 week scan. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks in Dec so was totally petrified. Since about 4 weeks this time I've just had a feeling I was carrying twins so when the sonogram showed two sacs and babies I wasn't even surprised, as I watched the sonographers face as she went backwards and forwards between the two I felt uneasy, she then delivered the news that one twin had stopped growing a week or so ago and had no heartbeat. I want to be ecstatic about one baby looking strong and healthy but I can't help grieving my loss and also worrying about the surviving baby. I don't really know if I'm looking for advice or what?! Maybe I'd like to hear from anyone with similar stories?! Thanks for listening x

babyangelbean20315 Wed 06-May-15 08:16:33

Someone else posted about losing a twin, try and focus on the positive side that 1 is ok, the negative will stress u too much jus try and be positive

KittyandTeal Wed 06-May-15 08:21:24

That really is bittersweet. Congratulations on your healthy baby but I'm sorry for the loss of your twin.

I don't have experience of twin pregnancies. If you look at arc or sands they have lots of information on loosing a twin. I know loosing a baby early on is different and that arc and sands deal with loss a little later on but some of the literature might be useful.

As much as it is important to focus on your healthy twin you must also give yourself time and space to grieve if you feel you want to. It might be that you feel sad but don't feel grief, that's ok too. I guess the important thing is to allow yourself to feel whatever it is you feel.

babybellsmum Wed 06-May-15 13:43:26

Thanks both, especially kitty, I will look at those suggestions. Had a big long chat with mg husband last night. I asked him how he felt and he spoke for ages about all the feelings he was going through then asked me, all I could say is 'I don't know, how am I supposed to feel?!'. I am trying to be happy and positive but I don't know if the news is harder to take when I kind of knew it was twins before?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now