2 miscarriages in a row

(4 Posts)
Sruddy1 Thu 28-Aug-14 14:42:28

I first found out I was expecting in January 2014. It came as a bit as a shock because I was on the pill but both my partner and I were delighted and so excited. However by the Saturday I was spotting which lead to what was like a light period getting heavier. After countless transvaginal scans and no one being able to give us a definitive answer for 4 weeks I passed the embryo on the 26th February. I was devastated and never really got over it but was thrilled to find out that we were expecting again on the 5th July 2014. However, went to the 12 week scan today to be told that there was no heartbeat and that the baby was measuring 7weeks not 12 as I was/am. I have now been booked in for a DNC on Tuesday. I'm beyond devastated I don't know how I'm going to cope or get over the loss of 2 babies in 6 months. I just want to know why? Is there something wrong with me or my partner? I want a baby so much but I can't bear to go through this again.

charlieis30 Thu 28-Aug-14 15:13:03

Hi hun, I'm really sorry for your losses. I too have had 2 MCs this year. I HIGHLY recommend you come and join the ladies on the recurrent MC thread www.mumsnet.com/Talk/miscarriage/2148666-Recurrent-Miscarriage-Support-tests-treatment-trying-again-thread-11?msgid=49146793#49146793. They are lovely and SO supportive. There's probably nothing wrong with you or your partner, unfortunately the NHS don't do any investigations until you've had 3 MCs. Pop over and say hi, there are a couple of girls including me on our 2nd MC so you're not alone xx

Brummiegirl15 Thu 28-Aug-14 17:15:00

Hi Sruddy. So sorry to hear your sad news. Like Charlie I'm a second in a row too. Had my 2nd in 3 months last week and I know the devastated feeling.

As Charlie said come and join us on the recurrent miscarriage thread. Lots of wonderful supportive ladies.

I'm also wondering how on earth to try again because I'm fairly sure the NHS will tell me just to try again.

But you aren't alone xxx

Olive1987 Thu 28-Aug-14 22:37:32

Hello, I don't really have any advise for you, but I just wanted you to know that you're not alone. I've had 2 in a row in the space of 3 months. I too feel that there is something wrong with me. But I've come to understand that it's a complex thing and things go wrong, chromosome abnormalities that are absolutely not your fault. Good luck in the future. I understand how you're feeling and it will take some time to heal emotionally. Xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now