pregnancy after misscarriage

(21 Posts)
soph123kay Wed 27-Aug-14 21:43:44

hi, I had a chemical pregnancy on the 11/08 and I just wondered if it was possible to get pregnant straight after. ive woke up today with sickness and certain smells are turning my stomach my breasts are tender. is it my imagination or can it happen that quick and surely if I was pregnant I wouldn't be showing any symptoms this early. any advice would be grateful xx

bakingtins Thu 28-Aug-14 06:56:41

Sounds too soon to me, sorry. You can get pregnant without a period but you'd still need to have ovulated then have a 2ww before you'd get a BFP. If you are feeling hormonal could you be ovulating now?

Judo123 Thu 28-Aug-14 07:06:36

I would like to offer you encouragement.

I am the mother of three healthy adult children. 28 year old (girl) a 24 year old (boy) a 22 year old (girl). I also have a 2 year old granddaughter.

I was distraught in 1989 when I miscarried my second pregnancy. I had discovered that I was pregnant 4 weeks after I left the hospital with the miscarriage. This means that if I had not had the miscarriage I would not now have my son who is now a 6'4" healthy man and my youngest 22 year old daughter who is just finishing Uni.

So miscarriage can lead to pregnancy and further children very quickly.

I never feel sad about that miscarriage....just grateful for my three children and granddaughter...I feel blessed to have concieved my son within 4 weeks of the miscarriage.

I can't imagine my life without my kids and the pregnancy continuing would have changed the course of my life. I am happy with the way my life has turned out. I wouldn't have it any other way.

I wish you all the best.

DGmammy11 Fri 29-Aug-14 09:33:23

I've been in a similar situation. I had a miscarriage on 19/7 I know I ovulated around 11/8 then was waiting for my period to come and had 2 days spotting starting 21/8. Then (sorry TMI) yesterday is had EWCM. My boobs have been extremely sore, fatigue, nausea and cramps. But had BFN is it's just my body getting back to normal or could I still be pregnant and it not showing up yet?
Thanks in advance smile

soph123kay Fri 29-Aug-14 20:37:36

I had negative test aswell boobs are still sore tho. fingers crossed xx

DGmammy11 Fri 29-Aug-14 21:33:22

I already have 2 children and with all 3 pregnancies sore boobs was the first sign I was. Was starting to think I was just wanting it that much I was imagining it. Hopefully it will be good news for us both. Gona try my best not to test for a few days. blush little bit obsessed here! Fingers crossed for u xx

soph123kay Sun 31-Aug-14 21:52:21

lol im obsessed too. that's like me I feel like im imagining it because its far too soon im just going to wait and see till around next week. xx good luck ladies

DGmammy11 Tue 02-Sep-14 22:26:56

Any news? Soph123kay? Still getting symptoms still BFN goin out of my mind! Arghhhh. Xx

soph123kay Tue 02-Sep-14 22:32:27

I haven't done anymore tests since im going to wait till next week. breasts have got more painfull tho!! fingers crossed tho xx

DGmammy11 Tue 02-Sep-14 22:42:25

That's sounds very promising for u! I haven't got any tests left now after being obsessed and using them all at any time of day! I'm gona wait a few more days. Fingers crossed xx

soph123kay Tue 02-Sep-14 22:47:24

lol same here the reason I haven't done any is ive ran out. I think I need to join a poas support group. hi my name is soph and im addicted to peeing on a stick. im going cold turkey!

DGmammy11 Wed 03-Sep-14 09:27:09

Hahaha aww me 2! I'm kind of just hoping AF shows up soon so I can put my mind at rest. I've read every thread on the net. Xx

soph123kay Fri 05-Sep-14 22:32:16

ive done 2 tests both positive both strong lines!!!!! I hope this one sticks!!! I cant believe its possible to get pregnant so soon after MC!!!

DGmammy11 Fri 05-Sep-14 22:43:23

OMG that's amazing!!! Massive congratulations Hun. I'm still feelin very preg too but away for the weekend with my parents so gona test Monday. Hope everything goes smoothly for u, fantastic news! Xxx

Fitzers Sat 06-Sep-14 08:16:20

Hi soph, I'm in the same position. I had an early miscarraige in July but got pregnant again straight away. Am about 5 weeks now and just hoping against hope all goes ok this time. It's a very nerve wracking time but I'm trying to stay positive!

DGmammy11 Tue 09-Sep-14 11:55:08

So I did a test today and got a BFN I'm really worried now thinking I am having fake pregnancy symptoms. I've read this is common after miscarriage as you are really wanting something. Im just wishing my period was here so I can get back to normal. I'm on rock bottom sad I've even been having sickness. It's just awful xx

DGmammy11 Tue 09-Sep-14 18:01:49

Congrats to u too Fitzers ☺️

soph123kay Tue 09-Sep-14 21:14:36

I would go drs if I was u DGammy. or try testing again in a few days maybe its too early to pick up on test. I know how horrible it is to keep getting bfn,s. I keep goin to the toilet to check for blood im terrified its going to go wrong again. u have been pregnant before so you know its possible for you to get pregnant so keep that in mind that it will happen. you know your body better than anybody and if ur having all these symptoms then it is possible. best thing is to go to the drs hun xx

DGmammy11 Mon 22-Sep-14 18:40:32

Hi girls just popping back to let you's know I finally got my BFP!! I just knew I was pregnant but I had far too many BFN I was going crazy! Hope everything is well xxx

soph123kay Sat 27-Sep-14 18:21:30

hi hun congrats!! not so gd for me i miscarried again xxxx

DGmammy11 Sat 27-Sep-14 18:41:32

Aw I'm so sorry to head that, soph123kay. I'm currently in Cyprus for my cousins wedding and I'm not feeling good about this pregnancy sad I don't feel pregnant like last time. I'm fearing the worst. I think if it happened again I would give myself a break from trying and just try and enjoy life a bit, xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now