Period after ERPC - no sign after 8 weeks

(5 Posts)
SaltySeaBird Sat 23-Aug-14 08:12:54

Hello

I had my second miscarriage at the end of June and had an ERPC. It's now been almost 8 weeks since the operation and there is no sign of my period. I'm not sure whether to go and see my GP or if this is normal. My first mc was medically managed and my period came back four weeks after the bleeding stopped.

Just really worried and desperately want a sibling for my two year old DD.

SaltySeaBird Sat 23-Aug-14 19:14:02

Anyone able to offer some advice?

HollyBen Sat 23-Aug-14 19:31:43

Hi salty sorry to hear about the mc. I had 2 erpcs. After the first af turned up about a month later. The second time (3 years later) it took 3 months. I went to see the gp after 10 weeks. They dud a blood test wjich confirmed I had ovulated and af showed up almost 2 weeks later. It is such a frustrating wait and I have never been so glad to see the witch

SaltySeaBird Tue 26-Aug-14 21:46:59

Thanks Holly.

I think I'll make an appointment with my GP this week. It just feels like such a long wait.

HollyBen Tue 26-Aug-14 22:39:08

One of the longest waits of my lifesad

The is a thread in Conception full of lovely supportive ladies who are TTC after MC. I know you may not be actively trying but it is a great place to vent, share and ask. I hope af turns up soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now