Slight pain after miscarriage

(4 Posts)
Cee22 Thu 21-Aug-14 15:48:50

Hi, just wanted to find out if anyone has experienced slight pain on their right ovary a few months after their miscarriage? About 4 months ago, while I was miscarrying I felt pain on my right and sometimes on my left. Once the miscarriage was over, I could still feel twitches especially on my right. I went for a follow-up hospital appointment and everything was clear. They said that my ovaries were fine, so is that correct on thinking that they would've also detected cysts, etc too? I still do get slight pain twitches on my right and no longer on my left. It happens before ovulation and about a day during a period. DH thinks it could be my body still adjusting. I have looked up on symptons on ovarian cysts, infections and I don't seem to have any. Is it my body just readjusting or is the body never the same after a miscarriage? Has anybody experienced this?

pieceoftoast Thu 21-Aug-14 15:55:39

If they didn't mention cysts at your follow up scan I'd also assume I didn't have any. Are you feeling ok in yourself aside from these twitches? No fever/illness/sign of infection? Doesn't sound like it and unlikely now as it was several months ago but twinges/pain can be signs of infection (I had one after my last mc).

Really it does sound as though it's just your body adjusting, I get weird twinges in that area from time to time, I always put it down to ovulation/periods. I think I'm more aware of them possibly since pregnancy/having miscarriages.

Cee22 Thu 21-Aug-14 16:05:16

Thanks for your reply pieceoftoast!

seasavage Sun 24-Aug-14 22:09:59

I've had twitches in my lower abdomen since my first dd (she's 8). This was followed by dd2, 6 years to now and 2 miscarriages. If you're very concerned do dpeak with your Dr, it might be ovulation (?) / usual montly cyst dwindling. But somehow you notice it now? Me ... it's like a twitch. I think the pregnancy moved a muscle or a nerve and sometimes like an eyelid it flutters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now