Will my ds ever get a sibling

(6 Posts)
Babiecakes11 Fri 01-Aug-14 18:16:18

3 pregnancy's since he was born and currently having my 3rd mc.
I'm not even sure it's hit me yet but I just don't understand why and how this keeps happening and if we will ever have another baby x

ChatEnOeuf Fri 01-Aug-14 19:22:15

Didn't want to read and run, I'm so sorry you're going through this thanks. I'm in a similar position, second pregnancy (this one with twins), second miscarriage since DD was born. Starting to think I was destined to have an only child. When you are recovered I would ask your GP if you can be referred to recurrent mc clinic. Hopefully having carried your son successfully you will go on to have another.

Triplespin Fri 08-Aug-14 11:49:51

I am so sorry. Same here - going through 3rd mc and DS saying when will I ever get a baby brother. I don't think any amount of toys will compensate for this. I am trying to look at the bright side that at least I have one boy who is absolutely amazing.

Please do get yourself referred to recurrent mc clinic. There are so many success stories

bakingtins Fri 08-Aug-14 11:59:29

I had 3 losses after my Ds2 and then after RMC and immune testing and treatment had my daughter. Please push for referral for tests and come and join the RMC thread for some support, it is such a hard thing to go through.

bakingtins Fri 08-Aug-14 12:01:36

If you can have genetic testing done on this pregnancy grab that opportunity now. All the rest of it can be done (for some tests needs to be done) later if you decide to pursue testing, but it makes a massive difference to know if you are losing babies because of genetic problems with them, or some problem with you.

FinnsMum19 Thu 14-Aug-14 10:25:13

Same here, DS who is coming up to 5, I mc before him and three since we started TTC number 2 at the start of the year. Waiting for a referral to recurrent miscarriage clinic but my son keeps asking me if I can grow another baby because he wants a brother. sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now