Repeat ERPC - any experiences please?

(9 Posts)
worriedmum100 Fri 01-Aug-14 12:44:21

I had an ERPC 2 weeks ago. I did a pg test yesterday that was a wrong positive so went to EPU this morning. Scan showed I still have "retained products" in my womb so now have to have another ERPC. Has this happened to anyone else? So upset, feel back at square one emotionally.

worriedmum100 Fri 01-Aug-14 12:45:03

*strong positive

EricaJ Fri 01-Aug-14 17:26:48

Hi Worried

So sorry to see you here.

I had an ERPC on 31/05/2014 but kept getting 'fake' BFPs and spotting, got scanned, they found retained products etc. Anyway, long story short, had to have a second ERPC on the 09/07/2014.

I also found the whole experience very upsetting, I would go as far as saying it was rather traumatising. The doctors said I could have an ERPC or wait for the body to 'do the job' by itself (however, they said there was a risk of infection). Personally, I needed to have the physical experience over and done with in order to be able to move on emotionally. When I finally got the BFN, the relief was unbelievable (I know, the irony is not lost on me).

Now I am taking a bit of a break from TTC, I feel my body may need some time to heal after having surgery so many times in a few months. Not to mention to give my poor emotions a chance to recover from all the pain, disappointment and stress. Am I right to think that you recently had endo removed and got pg straight away? Would it be ok to PM you and have a chat about this?

Sending you hugs. It's so hard. Sometimes it feels like life never gives us a break...

worriedmum100 Fri 01-Aug-14 20:09:07

Hi EricaJ

You've spelt out exactly how I feel. I chose the surgery so I could move on as quickly as possible and now this. Had a bit of a meltdown at the hospital and insisted that the scan as they do it or at least scan me afterwards so I can be sure it's all gone.

I wish we could take a break but I'm 38 1/2 so don't feel I have the time!

You're right re the endo. Absolutely fine to pm me.

EricaJ Sun 03-Aug-14 18:26:49

Hi Worried

How are you today? Thinking of you and hoping you have lots of support in real life.

Sent you a PM too.

limon Mon 04-Aug-14 16:50:20

Hey so sorry you are going through this. It happened to me too. I came round and they told me Rhys only been able to remove a small amount of blood. Surgeon was really shocked when I said the scan picture on my file shows you what you should have removed. A scan later and the embryo was still there.

obviously second time around I was very concerned to find out if it had worked

it is traumatizing.

However - I now have a two year old eating ice cream next to me after three miscarriages - I had her at 43. Their is always hope!! I hope you get things resolved soon.

limon Mon 04-Aug-14 16:51:25

Sorry for typos

worriedmum100 Thu 14-Aug-14 18:00:07

Hi all

I insisted on a scanner being used for guidance at the second ERPC so they really should have got everything this time. I had it a week ago and am still crampy and bleeding so going to leave it another week before taking a test.

worriedmum100 Thu 14-Aug-14 18:01:28

P.a. Thanks for asking after mesmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now