Prenatals questions related to MTHFR - help please !!

(4 Posts)
Nukra Tue 01-Jul-14 00:13:55

Hi All, a bit of background first: I have had 2 m/cs (one in August last year @ 6 wks and another in March @ 5 wks). I visited St Marys for advice and they were very helpful and supportive. I was asked to have a few tests done (APA/TEG/Factor V/II and MTHFR) and my TEG showed a high blood clot strength for which I need to take 150mg aspirin after a BFP.

For some reason, they only ordered a C677T test for the MTHFR (heterozygous). After I pushed them to recommend the A1298C (also heterozygous), now I finally have the diagnosis of compound heterozygous MTHFR...I guess at least there are some answers...

However, I am completely confused about the prenatals I should be having. After reading up on it, I have zeroed in on:
1. Pregnacare Max (has 200 mcg of L-methylfolate but also 200mcg of folic acid) - I know this is not 'pure' L-methylfolate but I cant find any other prenatal with the right DHA/EPA levels.
2. Solgar 400 mcg L-methylfolate
3. Solgar 1000 mcg methylcobalamin

I dont even know if Neevo is available in the UK. Am based in London so no idea how to find a doctor/nutritionist who can confirm the above decision or recommend anything else.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

thanks a lot !

Nukra Tue 01-Jul-14 19:43:58

bump

bakingtins Tue 01-Jul-14 19:47:49

HI nukra sorry I don't know enough about your situation to answer the question, but wanted to suggest you post on the conception board on the "pregnant or TTC on pred" thread as many ladies there are London based, and know all there is to know about supplements. Zita West is a name that is frequently mentioned as being good for holistic fertility advice.

Nukra Wed 02-Jul-14 22:18:45

great thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now