Day after erpc, what to expect?

(8 Posts)
SloanePeterson Sat 14-Jun-14 05:49:33

I had an erpc under general yesterday for a mmc at what should have been 9 weeks. I did feel very woozy last night and very jelly legged but I've woken up (admittedly not out of bed yet) and I'm feeling much better than I thought I would. I don't have any cramps (didn't yesterday either) and my blood loss seems to be virtually nothing. Before all this happened we'd promised to take the dc out today and I don't want to go ahead if I'm likely to regret it. Obviously it'll be different for everyone but am I being wildly optimistic to think I'll be ok? If anything I don't really want to mope around the house but equally I don't want to end up stuck somewhere because I feel poorly. I'm planning to take lots of pads and painkillers with me just in case.

MabelBee Sat 14-Jun-14 06:02:33

I don't think the physical after effects were particularly bad. It felt like a crampy period really. If you feel up for going out, you'll probably be fine.

Sorry for your loss.

SloanePeterson Sat 14-Jun-14 06:07:13

Thank you. I was expecting it to much worse really so I'm a bit surprised to be considering going out. If all else fails do can stay with the children and I can just come home. Not before I've had my burger though!

SloanePeterson Sat 14-Jun-14 07:20:13

Actually I don't know if I will go. I don't seem to be able to stop myself crying at absolutely nothing, completely out of nowhere. Perhaps I shouldn't rush to get out and about

goofygoober Sat 14-Jun-14 07:24:39

Be kind to yourself, take it slowly, allow yourself to cry. I found that it came over me in sudden waves. I'm so sorry for your loss, hope you will enjoy getting out if you feel up to it later on. If not, there's always tomorrow. thanks

Catlover2014 Sat 14-Jun-14 08:30:52

Sorry you've mc'd and for the loss sad

I would expect to feel emotional today and also tired. Maybe DH could take DC out so you can watch a few films on the sofa? A coffee with a friend might be a better way to get out for an hour or two. Remember you shouldn't drive today as you'll still have anesthetic in your system.

Hugs xx

SloanePeterson Sat 14-Jun-14 17:50:28

Thank you. We had a really nice day actually, a few well times stops at parks gave me chance to rest properly. I am a bit worried that I'm not losing any blood though. Not a drop. They also put me in a mirena as I know I don't want to ttc in the near future and I'm worried as when I went to the loo I did feel a sharp pain in my cervix and having had a quick investigation, the strings seem ever so long. Maybe they just didn't trim them, but I'm now obsessing about it falling out. Is the lack of blood loss something I should phi me the hospital ward about? I feel that something should be happening in that respect and it's a bit disconcerting to have no cramps or anything. I shouldn't complain about it but it just doesn't match up to what I was expecting.

Catlover2014 Sat 14-Jun-14 22:07:57

You'll find it a bit off and on if my experience is anything to go by. The first few days can be slow then a heavier bleed is likely to come. Still won't be loads those as ERPC as probably dealt with a lot of it.

Glad you managed to have a nice day. Remember to rest up and look after yourself too! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now