Trying again after a loss?

(4 Posts)
Tranquilitybaby Mon 09-Jun-14 10:10:01

I'm scared of trying again after having an ectopic pregnancy 6 weeks ago. Can't TTC for another 6 weeks but I'm feeking overwhelmed about it all.

How to you get over that feeling?

JBrd Mon 09-Jun-14 11:56:43

It's scary, I completely agree - the sadness and the fear make ttc a lot harder. Much more difficult to muster any motivation, let alone 'romantic' feelings to get on with dtd. I'm currently trying to muster up the motivation to start trying again...

To be honest, I usually go with the head-in-the-sand approach, trying not to think about what has happened and even less about what could happen and just get on with it (soooo romantic confused!).

However, while it all might seem really grim now, you might feel more relaxed in another 6 weeks. Try to take comfort in the fact that statistically, you have everything on your side that next time, it will all be fine! But easier said than done, I know.

At the end of the day, remember why you are doing this - to have a baby... And keep reminding yourself again and again to stay focussed.

Sorry if that's not very helpful, it's a tricky one! Good luck!

Tranquilitybaby Mon 09-Jun-14 16:53:40

Thanks for your post .JBrd x

It's hard to be positive, this morning wasn't one of those times. Just so afraid of the unknown really, especially as I could've died too.

Hopefully things will get easier for us both, good luck x

Treaclepie19 Tue 10-Jun-14 22:37:04

There is no magic answer just support. I'm so sorry for what you've been through.

Take the time you need to be ready emotionally.

Ectopic pregnancy must be extremely stressful and worrying. I suffer from anxiety and know I will worry about it also.

It is scary, but any pain or problems you will go and get checked out. All will be fine.
Get an early scan if you need to. Just remember, you will have your baby x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now