Over 2 months post ERPC

(13 Posts)
catbus Tue 03-Jun-14 20:27:32

Had ERPC late March. Pretty much bled, although mainly lightly, since then. Had what I thought was a period about 4 weeks ago. Then I carried in bleeding. But started to have heavy pains and not feeling right.
GP said infection of endometrium and I took 2 different antibiotics. This was 2 weeks ago. They appeared to work because although the bleeding continued (light) the pain went.
10 days ago I started bleeding much heavier and decided to wait for a week or so because I assumed it was another period ( I do mainly have shorter cycles).
Thought it'd stopped yesterday but now I find myself bleeding heavier yet again.
I am so washed out and so low- it's a constant reminder sad
I will call GP tomorrow who will refer me to Emergency Gynae (is what he said he would do if antibiotics didn't sort it first).
I am now freaking out a bit- why am I still having bleeding over 2 months later? Might I have damage from the ERPC?
Has anybody else had similar? I am a total mess right now and dreading going back to where I found out if had an MMC. Any words of wisdom to see me through would be lovely.

catbus Tue 03-Jun-14 21:37:23

Anyone?

catbus Tue 03-Jun-14 22:02:11

Just feels like everyone else is carrying on with their lives and I am being left behind. Can't move on physically which is stopping me mentally. I feel so stupidly emotional and can't seem to stop crying. I want to feel normal again.

Catlover2014 Tue 03-Jun-14 22:18:46

Hi catbus, hugs to you. Sorry you're having such a rubbish time of it sad

I'm afraid I don't know lots on this but there was girl at my work who had a mc and she bled for a few months after it.

Have you had a scan since your D&C to check everything was fully taken away? Might be worth asking for a scan just in case.

The liklihood is that it's just your body and hormones settling down and things will return to normal.

Hang in there xxxx

catbus Tue 03-Jun-14 22:44:09

Thanks for the reply. Not had another scan yet, but the GP said that if I were to have gone to emergency gynae, the first thing they would've done is to get me on antibiotics.
I suspect I will be scanned when I'm referred.
Did your friend have a natural MC when she bled for that long?
I've had a MC and MMC before now and not had problems like this- I am worried they have knackered my womb!

Catlover2014 Tue 03-Jun-14 23:00:01

I hope they can put your mind at rest with a scan. I think she had a medically managed with tablets then a D&C and it took a long while to settle down.

It's very vunlikely there is any damage to your womb so try not to worry about that! Assume you don't have any history of endometerosis or pcos? There are lots of things that can cause long periods of bleeding including hormones and stress. Who'd be a woman huh?

I hope you get some answers and care tomorrow. Hugs and stuff to you.

XxX

Rejjie Wed 04-Jun-14 09:04:04

Catbus I'm afraid I don't have any answers as am still going through my first mc right now.

I just wanted to send you hugs and good luck for getting some answers. Please keep on posting on these forums. They are proving a great source of strength and support for me.

x

pinkfizzsparkles Wed 04-Jun-14 20:15:08

Really sorry that you are going through this stress and additional worry. It makes it hard for you to move forward emotionally when you are still in limbo. I had a MMC last year and had an ERPC but I bled heavily a week later, it turned out I retained products which were causing the bleeding. This was only diagnosed after I was scanned. I had to have the tablet to pass the remaining products and even after that I bled for another 2 -3 weeks. Once my bleeding had stopped I actually had my first period less than a week later so it felt like I was bleeding for ages. I would contact the doctor or EPU and ask for a scan. No wonder you feel exhausted.

I really doubt there is any damage to your uterus as I think you would have other symptoms if that were the case. I know its hard not to think these things when you feel like this but I am sure your uterus is okay.

Alternatively it could just be your body/hormones taking a while to regulate themselves but I would push for a scan for piece of mind.

catbus Wed 04-Jun-14 20:54:00

Thankyou smile
I have called GP who will hopefully speak to me tomorrow about referral. I really doubt there is anything retained- I've had anti biotics and now I'm back to the brown discharge/ light flow again.
But yes, it's 10 weeks today since my ERPC and I am hoping my body is just still adjusting. It's just incredibly wearing and although I feel brighter in myself today, I just feel quite fed up as it seems to affect everything!
Thankyou for your listening and support thanks

pinkfizzsparkles Wed 04-Jun-14 21:34:41

I completely understand how fed up you feel. For me I felt like I couldn't process the miscarriage until I'd stopped bleeding and started to feel better as I was consumed by the fact I was still bleeding and things weren't right. I think brown/light flow now suggests it's coming to an end. You might be a bit anaemic which won't help you, maybe get the doc to check iron levels?! I hope you get your referral for piece of mind. It's an awful thing to go through, I never expected it to be so hard emotionally and physically. Give yourself time to heal. Thinking of you x

Homelander Tue 10-Jun-14 22:01:51

Catbus, how are you?

Just happened on this thread and thought i would check that all is OK now as I had to have 3 ERPCs due to retained products. It was only a tiny bit of tissue they missed both times, but it meant that I didn't stop bleeding for about 9 weeks after my miscarriage. The first thing the emergency gynae did when I was referred to them was scan me and told me to get in touch if I was still bleeding 10 days after the ERPCs.

So, my point is, if you are still bleeding do get your GP to refer you. Hopefully you are all OK now and don't need this advice!

Also, just to say, I am really sorry for all you have been through, I know from experience how difficult it is to move on when you are still physically dealing with the aftermath of a miscarriage.

catbus Wed 11-Jun-14 00:48:57

Homelander- oh god- that's awful sad
3? I'm sorry you had this..
My bleeding appears to have finally stopped, fingers crossed! Well, at least I have had 3 days with nothing, although I am still finding it hard to believe as I had a few days no bleeding before confused
So far I've held back getting referred- hoping so much this is done now and I won't have to endure what you did.
Thankyou thanks

Homelander Fri 13-Jun-14 17:20:17

Good news smile Hopefully you have still stopped.

Yes, it wasn't pleasant to say the least, but to try to look at the positives, at least it gave me extra time off work to recover emotionally.

Hope you are doing OK, take care thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now