Miscarriage tattoo quotes.. what is your opinion

(12 Posts)
miracle0812 Mon 02-Jun-14 23:07:43

Hi all,
Found out last week at an early scan 6+3 that my little jellybean does not have a heartbeat. Second scan yesterday 7+3 showed no heartbeat still and no growth. I have to wonderful daughters so this would have been baby number 3 which makes it even more of a shock!

I love pretty tattoos and a friend of mine who recently had a miscarriage got a beautiful flower tattoo on her tummy.
I really want something to represent the little life I had (I have my girls names on each ankle they look very delicate) so feels only right to have something for this one. I am thinking a butterfly or small birds but I also want a quote here is my shortlist... Any opions will be much appreciated!

Life is but a dream...
So little So loved
Fly high beautiful butterfly
Loved with a love beyond telling
I carry you in my heart
Life is delicate
Carried with love
Grief is the price we pay for love
My heart is yours.

Thanks xxx

miracle0812 Mon 02-Jun-14 23:08:45

*two *opinions

Quivering Mon 02-Jun-14 23:11:22

Carried with love jumps out at me.

I'm so sorry for your loss .

LettertoHerms Mon 02-Jun-14 23:14:52

I'm so sorry for your loss. thanks

Your quotes are all beautiful. It is such an intensely personal decision that I hesitate to offer an opinion. "So little, so loved" is very poignant to me, but your own feelings are the most important factor. Do you have a DP? Are your daughters aware of what happened? Perhaps their input would be meaningful in your decision.

JBrd Mon 02-Jun-14 23:17:25

So sorry for your loss.

I like 'Fly high, beautiful butterfly'

miracle0812 Mon 02-Jun-14 23:23:25

Thank you all I love all of them but so so hard to decide.. My husband is not keen on quotes but said's he will support my desicion my daughters are 2 and 5 the older one understands a little and was at the scan she is a great reader so I could ask her opinion in the morning... did not think of that thank you smile
This site has got me through so much in the past 7 days so also seemed a good idea to post here smile xxx

dripty Mon 02-Jun-14 23:24:08

I carry you in my heart feels very personal and, as someone who has a special box with tiny shoes and babygros in, I can totally relate to your need to make some kind of permanent touchstone.

miracle0812 Mon 02-Jun-14 23:30:19

Bless you dripty I am so sentimental! I think it helps to have memory boxes etc!
So sorry for your loss(s)
xxx

miracle0812 Mon 02-Jun-14 23:56:13

Carried you to heaven has just gone on shortlist!
So hard to describe the love and emotions in just a few words! xxx

bakingtins Tue 03-Jun-14 05:07:50

I like "I carry you in my heart" particularly because of this article which I have found very comforting.
Word of warning though, you may want to wait a little while and see how you feel if this is all still raw. After my first MC I bought a forget-me-not charm to remember LO, but after a while it just became a symbol of the grief I was carrying around and I had to set it down (chucked it into the sea at a beauty spot). More difficult to do that with a tattoo!

SeaSaltMill Tue 03-Jun-14 09:32:39

They're all beautiful.

I had a tattoo last month for my babies, I have 3 birds, just the silhouettes on the top of my back. One for each baby loved and lost.

Its such a personal thing. go with what feels right x

miracle0812 Tue 03-Jun-14 16:11:48

I'm glad it's comforting x it just feels like the right thing to do I have my daughters names on me and would love some remembrance ink but won't rush into anything xx

I love the birds idea have seen a few pics online of little ones on the wrist appearing to be flying smile I would also have 3 to represent all my bubbas I'm so sorry that you've been through this 3 times! That is awful sad thanks
I went to the early preg unit today and have opted to let things happen "naturally" as soon as I got home it hit me all over again.. Very sad times sad
Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now