Can someone help me?

(30 Posts)
Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 11:43:39

I have just started bleeding I'm 17dpo
Had 2 positive tests
This morning symptoms have gone and brown bleeding started.
Now it's red bleeding.
It's only when I go to the loo.
I feel I just want to sit on the loo?
I also feel like I need a poo but can't, TMI.

I am also a sobbing mess and I cannot think.

What actually happens now?
Just a period?
Do I just get up and go to work tomorrow like normal?
Do I need to tell GP?

Pinter Sun 01-Jun-14 11:50:53

So sorry Marmalade. I've no experience of this other than reading on MN, but didn't want to leave you alone

Lots of people have bleeding in pg & have perfectly healthy babies from what I've read

Is anyone around in RL?

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 11:52:46

DH is but he is looking after the DC whilst I'm in bed sobbing.
Thank you for replying, I feel very alone and no idea what to do.

Pinter Sun 01-Jun-14 12:22:11

Are you in any pain?

Can you get someone to come round? Maybe look after you, or look after DC so DH can look after you?

You don't have to decide about work right now, just take it 10 minutes at a time. You can do it thanks

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 12:31:49

A bit crampy but otherwise I'm ok.
No one about to help sadly.
I've got up, not had to change pad or anything yet.
I just need to accept this is it I think.
I'm hanging on to hope sad

Pinter Sun 01-Jun-14 12:50:31

Here's a hand to hold anyway

Have you had paracetamol?

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 12:59:14

No I haven't, should I have some?

Pinter Sun 01-Jun-14 13:15:27

Just might help with the cramps & paracetamol is safe to take in pg. Holding on to hope too

How old is your DC?

GetYourFingersOutOfThere Sun 01-Jun-14 13:21:08

Sadly I have experience. Just take it hour by hour and without giving you false hope I bled heavily with DD3 with pain and she is now 6 years old. but she was my 11th pregnancy.

A hot water bottle and bed rest for today and again if no change tomorrow.

Take it easy and keep posting if it helps.

Lanabelle Sun 01-Jun-14 13:29:01

oh Marmaladecat1 I'm so so sorry but don't give up hope yet, Sometimes you can bleed lots during pregnancy, even that early on. I went for a private 6 weeks scan and it didn't cost much, think it was only about £35 and they confirmed pregnancy was ongoing, the mess in the back garden confirms hes still here too. Just hold on, I know its easier said than done and you don't want to get your hopes up but don't give up just yet. Thinking of you today

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 13:40:43

It's proper blood now is this it?

Thank you for your hopeful stories.
I've never bleed this much in pregnancy before

The tears just keep coming sad

Do I just sit tight and see?

If I call the GP tomorrow what do they do?

Thank you for all your kindness, I would be lost otherwise

Lanabelle Sun 01-Jun-14 13:55:35

I bled so much with one that it soaked right through my duvet I was sitting on, through my setee cushions into the foam part of them, it was partially red but with bits of brown and lots of clots in it.
If I had to guess it was about a pint of blood at least I'd lost and I am rhesus negative so I was worried about that too but he is here, he is fine and he is currently chasing the dog with the hose.

My GP was useless, I called in the morning and they told me because I had stopped bleeding by then I couldn't get an emergency appointment so that's why I had the private scan a few days later. I hope yours is better than mine.

I'm so so sorry, I wish I could come give you a cuddle. Its shit and there nothing I can say that's going to stop you thinking the worst but all hope is not lost. Not yet

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

bakingtins Sun 01-Jun-14 14:14:37

hi marmalade I'm so sorry you are going through this. Lots of women bleed in first trimester and in half of cases it's all ok, but fresh blood, heavy bleeding, cramps and feeling the need to poo are not good signs. I've found it easier to cope in your situation by assuming the worst, a little hope can be hard to handle.
You need to use pads rather than tampons for the entire time you bleed. Most early pregnancy units will not scan you before six weeks, it's too early to be able to say either way if the pregnancy is viable. I suggest you do another home pregnancy test, if it's negative that unfortunately tells you it's over, if it's still positive then EPU or your GP can do blood tests for HCG levels 48 hrs apart to see if they are still doubling. It is worthwhile informing your GP anyway so it's on your medical record. There is nothing anyone can do to change the outcome so you are probably better off at home with your own toilet, bed and hot water bottle, unless the bleeding becomes very heavy (filling a maxi pad in less than 30 minutes) or you feel faint or unwell, in which case seek medical attention.
Do come and post on the miscarriage board in the body and soul section, there is a v useful thread called " tips for coping" which will help you feel less alone with it, and plenty of sympathy from others who have been there. flowers

bakingtins Sun 01-Jun-14 14:16:50

Doh, sorry, you are already posting on the MC board, ignore me.

ILoveCoreyHaim Sun 01-Jun-14 14:23:38

I have had 3 mps, first one at 7 weeks I was put to sleep for a D+c. Second one I was 16 weeks and went to a&e where I delivered and was kept in for 3 days and 3rd one I was only a few weeks so was just checked out at the early pregnancy unit. I would make a gp appointment incase they want to refer you to EPU or go to a&e or walk in centre or call the nhs helpline

ILoveCoreyHaim Sun 01-Jun-14 14:24:14

Had 3 MCs (aurocorret on phone)

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 14:24:46

Thanks everyone.
Yes still feel need like I need to 'go' as it were.
Hardly a mark on a pad but when I wipe it's fresh red.
Thank you re pads not tampons-didn't know that!

Will do pregnancy test in the morning.
Digital or line?

Thank you for all your positive stories, I am hanging on in there!

First step, I got dressed and moved from bed to sofa but still less than 10 steps to a toilet.

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 14:25:50

Thank you for the cuddle lanabelle very much appreciated!

ILoveCoreyHaim Sun 01-Jun-14 14:29:34

Also DD1 was a threatened miscarriage so I had to rest and elevate legs. I would seek medical attention and see if the EPU will scan you. They scanned me at 7 and 5 weeks using the Internal scanner. Where I am EPU is not open on a weekend so you could call helpline for what happens in your area as they might be open or get an emergency appointment for GP in the morning and contact your midwife as well

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 14:53:53

Test says not pregnant so I guess it's all done?

ILoveCoreyHaim Sun 01-Jun-14 15:04:55

sad

I would put a GP appointment on just to make sure and see what they suggest with you being so early and for peace of mind. 5 weeks was my earliest MC. I was scanned and then let nature run its course and the hospital gave me some painkillers.

Pinter Sun 01-Jun-14 15:19:00

Sorry about the test result Marmalade. So sorry sadthanks

Marmaladecat1 Sun 01-Jun-14 15:47:58

Thanks, feeling properly crap but not really in pain.
Hoping it will just be a normalish period??

Tranquilitybaby Mon 02-Jun-14 00:25:23

Ah sorry to read your update. I'd make a doctors appt just in case but they probably won't do anything further as you're so early.

Take care of yourself xx

Catlover2014 Mon 02-Jun-14 07:28:37

Just wanted to say how sorry I was to read this thread sad

Hope you can stay at home and rest up until you've seen your doctor.

Lots of great support on here whenever you need it. I have no doubt your next BFP will bring happier times.

Hugs to you xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now