Doctors app after miscarriage at 6 weeks

(4 Posts)
BoredOfFootball Thu 29-May-14 14:42:16

This will sound really daft, but I'm worried about going to my check up appointment because I just know they'll moan at me about my weight, and I'll get upset. (I know I'm a wimp but I'm still feeling a bit fragile)

We've been TTC for 2 years, when I went to the doctors for advice they told me it would help if I lost weight. So far I've lost just over a stone but I still have a long way to go.

I found out I was pregnant at 5 weeks, but then my tests got fainter and I started bleeding at just over 6 weeks. I called the doctors to see if I needed to do anything and they said I'd best just come in for a check up.

Can anyone tell me what to expect? I want to start asking for tests as we've been trying for so long but I'm worried they'll refuse to do anything until I lose a certain amount of weight?

Catlover2014 Thu 29-May-14 16:13:47

Hello! I'm bored of football too haha.

I'm a healthy bmi but went to see my GP several times over the course of 18 months before he would refer me and he kept saying it was due to stress that I was not conceiving. Utter twaddle as I know have a diagnosis and medication.

I don't know what your bmi is but it's very unlikely that it is a single cause in your infertility. The only problem is that they won't do any mc analysis unless you've had three.

A lot of girls with higher bmi suffer with PCOS which can actually be the reason why they struggle with their weight. It can also cause mcs so certainly something to get checked out.

In essence my advice is put your foot down and insist you are referred. If that GP won't refer ask to see another one. From experience lady GPs are often more sympathetic and interested. Good luck

X

BoredOfFootball Thu 29-May-14 16:53:21

The world cup hasn't even started and I'm sick of hearing about it! ;-)

Thank you, I know I just need to toughen up and insist they do something. I think you're right about women doctors, I might see if I can change.

X

Catlover2014 Thu 29-May-14 18:57:45

Good to hear it!! Hope it goes well. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now