Maternity Exemption and miscarridge

(3 Posts)
Jenni2legs Sat 24-May-14 14:55:31

I had my 12 week scan this week and unless I am very wrong about my dates I don't think the pregnancy is going to last. (they said there is something there but the size of an 8 week foetus).
I have to go back next week to see if there is any growth before we 'know' but I already know something isn't right.
If I miscarry before 24 weeks the maternity exemption cert becomes invalid - but what about my trip to the dentist last month - do I have to pay it back.
Are any costs that the exemption covered to be paid back?

meditrina Sat 24-May-14 15:00:52

No. You do not have to repay anything you have used during pregnancy. You have to stop using it once no longer pregnant; immediately if you miscarry, or for a year after birth once the legally viable date is reached (even if the baby is stillborn).

I hope you get better news at the next scan, and wish you well whatever the outcome thanks

Jenni2legs Sat 24-May-14 15:18:35

Thank you Meditrina, I re-read the NHS letter and their site and there was no info on this, bit worried as I had my veneer come off and to stick it back on was £50, which they waved because of the exemption. Really thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now