Ovulating after miscarriage advice pls

(11 Posts)
blankfornames Mon 05-May-14 08:44:42

Hi there, I had a m/c at 6 wks on April 19th..16days ago. Had a d&c. Have been doing ovulation kits for the past wk as doc said I'm more fertile at the mo. We're ttc again. All kits showing the same faint second line. Is this the pregnancy hormones still in my body? thanks xx

Forester Mon 05-May-14 20:10:49

I'm not too sure of the answer but as nobody else has replied I thought I should say something. Since your MC is very recent I would be wary about relying on ovulation kits this month as I would question their accuracy given your fluctuating hormones. Also your fertility will probably be higher for a few months so don't put too much pressure on yourself this month.

I hope everything works out for you next time around.

calistamommy Mon 05-May-14 21:27:59

hi sorry for your loss. it's still very early days give your body chance to heal and get strong again. I agree with forester your hormones are still up at the moment and an ovulation kit may not give a true accurate result. I was told by the epau the womb usually needs a couple of cycles to become strong as before. (( hugs ))

Sorry for what you've been through blank. I'm afraid I don't know the exact answer to your question, but when I had medical management in February, at my follow-up scan 3 weeks later the doctor could see that ovulation was getting ready to happen. I've also heard several people say they had a 6 week cycle after a mc.

blankfornames Mon 05-May-14 23:36:15

Thank you for your advice & messages. Forester, I didn't realise that the fertility would increase for that length of time, definitely takes the pressure off! Wishing you all happiness & baby dust!

blankfornames Tue 06-May-14 08:40:44

Thanks TeaandHObnobs, I'm having all the feeling of ovulation but nothing showing up on the clearblue ovulations tests. I'll be three weeks at the weekend so perhaps things might happen then. I know it might be a good thing to wait but I don't have age on my side. Thanks a mill! :-)

bakingtins Tue 06-May-14 11:54:17

The ovulation kits pick up HCG as well, have you had a negative pregnancy test since your MC? I suspect they are picking up left over traces of HCG and you are unlikely to ovulate before you get a negative HPT. My cycles have been about a week longer than normal post MC and I'm never been sure I have ovulated in the first cycle, though obviously some people do as they manage to get pregnant straight away. forester is right that your body is 'primed' for pregnancy for several months, so don't worry too much about this cycle, it's hard to predict. We've tended to not use any contraception in the WTF cycle but not actually 'try' IYSWIM. I think there is something to be said for letting the womb lining recover as well, the first period is often either scanty after a ERPC (suggesting it's not built up well in that cycle) or very heavy if material has been left behind and comes away with the first period - neither of which I would think bode well for a pregnancy in the first cycle (though again some people do get pregnant and are fine). Don't pressurise yourself anyway!

blankfornames Mon 12-May-14 11:53:30

Thanks so much Bakingtins. I haven't done a pregnancy test since. I've had really, really sore (and big!) breasts for about a week. I've been using the clearblue ovulation kits and have all the symptons of ovulating but each time it's a negative. I'll put my mind at ease with a pregnancy test. Any idea how long the pregnancy hormones are likely to stay in the body after a m/c? Thanks for all the advice!

InternetFOREVER Mon 12-May-14 12:11:55

Hi Blank, sorry you're going through this. Pregnancy hormones should be gone within 3 weeks of MC. Personally, I don't think I ovulated the following month after two of my miscarriages, but did after the other. First two, was pregnant again within 2 cycles. Good luck xx

blankfornames Mon 12-May-14 12:47:39

Sorry to hear that you've had a tough time. I hope circumstances havre changed for you. Not ovulating makes sense at this stage but trying to figure out why my breasts are so sore!! Best of luck and thanks Internet Forever. x

Tranquilitybaby Mon 12-May-14 13:29:28

I would wait a few more weeks before trying again, let your body and mind heal a little first xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now