TTC after miscarriage - history of trouble conceiving

(4 Posts)
GoooRooo Tue 29-Apr-14 12:43:03

Hello folks,

Sadly today I found out at a scan at EPU I'm miscarrying at 10+4. Baby didn't develop beyond six weeks. I'm bleeding so I hope it happens naturally. We are absolutel heartbroken.

I've a history of trouble conceiving. With DS it took five years and conceived naturally. This pregnancy was also a natural conception and took two years.

I turn 40 in September and am desperate that we conceive again soon. Has anyone had experience of long-term ttc, followed by a miscarriage and then conceiving again fairly quickly or am I grasping at straws?

calistamommy Tue 29-Apr-14 14:06:19

I'm so sorry for your loss. we have a dd age 6 who was conceived on 4th try of ivf ( after 10yrs on & off ttc naturally ) we then got pg naturally when our daughter was 9 months which was a BIG surprise obviously unfortunately we miscarried at 7 wks. we have been ttc since then really and caught February but lost the baby at 5wks 5days. I'm 38 and I understand the want/ need to get pg again asap. give you're body a couple of cycles at least to allow the womb wall to become strong again ( dr at epau told us that) even though it will seem as though the wks feel like months. iv not long had my first af since the 2nd miscarage, I know a lot of ladies who have had a miscarage say they are more fertile just after. we all grasp at straws occasionally it gives us hope. I wish you the best & send you healing hugs xx

jimijack Tue 29-Apr-14 14:11:53

Hi there, yes It took us 3 years to get ds1 then 6 years &7 miscarriages to get ds2

I had a 2 year gap between miscarriages where we were actively trying and nothing happened.

I had my 7th miscarriage, went to the Drs and got the pill in order to give up but didn't have a period.
I was 7 weeks pregnant, 42 years old & now have a sleeping 15 month old next to me.

Miracles you see, they definitely do happen xxx

GoooRooo Tue 29-Apr-14 15:29:53

Thanks callista and Jimijack, nice to hear some positive stories. It all seems a bit bleak at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now