Help/advice re bleeding

(5 Posts)
littlepeas Tue 29-Apr-14 11:30:04

I started bleeding on Wednesday last week when I should have been roughly 9 weeks - it was bright red and like a moderate period straightaway and later on that evening I had quite a lot of cramping, a bit like mild contractions.

Scan on Thursday (private) showed an approximately 8 weeks sac and a possible fetal pole and no heartbeat. Scan on Friday (hospital) showed a possible sac, but it wasn't the right shape and was very low near my cervix - again a possible fetal pole, measuring 2.5mm and no heartbeat.

Since then the bleeding has been pretty consistent, just like a moderate period, some cramping, but very manageable. Yesterday I had some backache and I lost 2 largish clots within around an hour. Now the bleeding is brown and minimal. Could it really be over?? It feels like it should have been so much worse. I have another scan on Saturday morning, so still have days of wondering whether I will have a huge bleed while out.

Sorry to sound so matter of fact. I have been very upset indeed, but have reached a stage where I feel better and just want it to be over so I can move on and look after my dc properly/ take them to school/activities without the fear of bleeding significantly in public.

TinyTear Tue 29-Apr-14 11:35:14

i'm so sorry. that does seem like it's over... can you ask the EPU to check your HCG 2 days apart?

A week's worth of heavy bleeding is consistent with natural mc... i had lots of cramping like a really bad period but closer to contractions

make sure you have a large supply of pads as i found sometimes you'd get a second gush... i actually bought (nearly in tears) maternity pads for my last mc as they were more absorbent and comfortable...

hope you are ok

littlepeas Tue 29-Apr-14 11:38:36

Thank you. I do realise the pregnancy is over, I meant is the worst part of the miscarriage over? Just realised I may need to clarify that. I am so scared to leave the house in case the worst is yet to come and I have a huge bleed while away from home.

TinyTear Tue 29-Apr-14 11:42:05

You might have a 'gush' but if you have passed the large clots, the worst is probably over... I would probably put a giant maternity pad and take spares...

I have had 5 myself, 2 ERPC, 2 natural and one medical management. and with the natural ones the worst bleeding was over in a week, after the worst clots came out it eased off fairly quickly...

littlepeas Tue 29-Apr-14 11:53:04

Thank you. So sorry for your losses.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now