Is this a Miscarriage?

(10 Posts)
wishinwaitinhopin Mon 21-Apr-14 07:31:35

I hadn't had a period in about 6 or 7 weeks or more. I had all the symptoms of pregnancy with my first son so was pretty sure I was pregnant but was putting off doing a test. Then yesterday I got my period but it's the heaviest it's ever been to the point I had to lie down as I was so dizzy. It's still awfully heavy today. Is this a miscarriage? Or would it be different/feel different to a really really heavy period?

Sorry if any of that is inappropriate or offensive to anyone. It's not meant to be.

OnaPromise Mon 21-Apr-14 07:34:54

I think you should get it checked out.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 21-Apr-14 07:48:45

I think you should do a test. If it comes back positive get yourself checked out.

If it's negative I'd see what your next period is like and if sane thing happens again see a dr.

Gileswithachainsaw Mon 21-Apr-14 07:49:40

I had exactly the same thing happen once. Really heavy and painful. That's what dr asked me to do.

Incacola Mon 21-Apr-14 07:57:47

I agree with Giles, do a test and get checked. If you are miscarrying then they might want to just check that everything comes away so that you aren't at risk of infection. Especially important if you are planning to ttc. I recently miscarried at 6+2 and passed something which was obviously what there was of our baby (sorry if TMI) so if you are at a similar stage then you might expect that. It was much like a heavy period but with a few small gushes and more crampy than my periods are usually.

Incacola Mon 21-Apr-14 07:57:48

I agree with Giles, do a test and get checked. If you are miscarrying then they might want to just check that everything comes away so that you aren't at risk of infection. Especially important if you are planning to ttc. I recently miscarried at 6+2 and passed something which was obviously what there was of our baby (sorry if TMI) so if you are at a similar stage then you might expect that. It was much like a heavy period but with a few small gushes and more crampy than my periods are usually.

Incacola Mon 21-Apr-14 18:11:11

How are you OP? Did you do a test?

wishinwaitinhopin Tue 22-Apr-14 15:49:51

I'm putting it off to be honest.

Gileswithachainsaw Tue 22-Apr-14 16:18:14

I an understand why you are putting it off op

But there's no option here you need to know.

Chances are all will be fine but any change in periods needs to be investigated and if you are sadly miscarrying you are at risk of infection, you may need a d&c.

You may even still be pregnant and it will need checking if it's in the right place.

Please, I apologise for being pushy or the voice of soon but please do a test, things are obviously different enough for you to have noticed.

OnaPromise Tue 22-Apr-14 17:15:19

Giles is right x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now