IVF delayed miscarriage

(8 Posts)
Hannie1 Sun 06-Apr-14 07:41:15

We've just been through our first cycle of IVF, throughout the whole process I was totally amazed at how well everything went and resulting in one blastocyst embryo implanted and me pregnant. 9 wks later, last Weds, I started bleeding. Two trips to the EPU for confirmation and now I'm going through option 1 natural passing.

I know that while I can't believe this has happened, there is a reason it has (whatever that may be) and that we will dust ourselves off and start again. It is hard though, I think particularly with an IVF pregnancy as you know so much so early on and know what stage the embryo should be at each day/ week. A very different situation from a natural conception.

I hope I never have to go through anything like this again and really feel for anyone who has.

Fingers crossed it works for us soon and for everyone else out there who's suffering
xx

bakingtins Sun 06-Apr-14 07:49:46

Hannie I'm so sorry you lost your baby. It must make it even harder that the pregnancy was so hard won in the first place. Knowing so early on that we are pregnant and seeing the baby on early scans is a double edged sword when medicine is still so powerless to alter the course of events in many cases.
I hope you have lots of support IRL and are being looked after. flowers

Forester Sun 06-Apr-14 19:48:33

I'm sorry that has happened to you. flowers

It is a very difficult time so accept as much support as you can - both IRL and on here.

HaPPy8 Sun 06-Apr-14 20:07:37

So so sorry for you.

I'm so sorry this has happened to you.

My little boy is an IVF baby and I know what yo

Posted too soon.

... Know what you mean about knowing so early. It made for a very long and anxious pregnancy for me.

I hope things work out for you xx

Hannie1 Mon 07-Apr-14 10:06:53

Thanks for all your comments. Feeling, physically, a lot better today which I hope is going to help me get through this.
xx

DRSLondon Mon 14-Apr-14 17:16:09

Hi Hannie

I had IVF in October and felt so blessed that the first round was successful. However I found out at the 20 week scan that the baby had spina bifida and we made the heartbreaking decision to terminate the pregnancy. I feel broken and lost. Completely overwhelmed with sadness. Now we, like you, must go through the stress of ivf again. I was told to wait till I have had 3 periods and the wait feels like a prison sentence. I'm so desperate to be pregnant again.
I wish you luck at this horrid time, I hope things work out for us both x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now