Dream about misscarried baby

(9 Posts)

Not sure why I'm posting, I don't want to tell DH, but want to talk about it.
I m/c in Jan at about 6/7 weeks.
I am ok, feel like I am moving on. I had a CP the month following and not yet conceived again.
However I keep remembering when I passed the pregnancy sac.
Last night I dreamt about it. I had buried the baby in the garden, then dug it up! The baby was encased in chocolate (that's a bit weird!!), and just looked like a tiny foetus, it was a girl (I would love a girl, something else I feel like I can't express in RL).
It was all very odd, there was more to the dream, but it all becomes a blur.
Anyone else had anything similar?

bakingtins Sat 05-Apr-14 21:16:25

Sounds like you have some processing of what happened yet to do. I think dreaming about things that are upsetting you is very common. It's great that you are moving forward and being positive in the main, but give any negative or sad feelings some space too.
Do you have any regrets about what actually happened to the baby/sac? Two of mine vanished unnoticed amongst the blood down the loo, not really what I'd have chosen had I been thinking clearly at the time.

I don't know. Yes mine went down the toilet as well, I guess I didn't think about it at the time, I didn't realise until after the event that that was what it was.
I suppose given the choice I would have liked something more dignified than it going down the loo.

marshmallowpies Sun 06-Apr-14 11:49:53

I MCd yesterday and it went down the loo too sad and it was a very strange moment. I knew it had gone and it was sad, and I felt sorry for the poor thing, but relief for myself as the cramps immediately stopped and I haven't needed a painkiller since then.

It was a moment of release, but at the same time I know it's a moment I'll relive in my head over and over, wishing it hadn't happened. So yes, I can imagine it might appear in dreams, and I may regret in future I didn't see what was there. A very sad and confusing time. (hugs) to anyone else who's been through this too.

Thanks marshmallow.
Sorry for your loss.

jazzyjenbo Mon 07-Apr-14 23:53:27

I also had mmc in january at 10 weeks.
I have had afew dreams about it, like you feel i'm moving forward.
I've come to the conclusion that the dreams/thoughts/feelings i'm having now are more to do with the loss of your planned future rather than the physical loss of the baby (if that makes sense)
What i mean is.. When i should of been 12 weeks thought about the scan, same at 20 weeks, (this week), holiday planning, kids bedroom re arranging, what name we might pick, pink or blue, due date. Etc etc..
I think there will b reminders until our due dates.
Hopefully we will all conceive again soon and then the planning for the new one will lesson the pain of our lost ones.

Pawprint Tue 08-Apr-14 17:22:32

How sad - that dream seems to say that you loved the baby very much and wanted to protect her.

I had dreams after miscarrying - some of them were kind of comforting (like getting time with the baby IYSWIM) and some of them were horrifying.

Pawprint Tue 08-Apr-14 17:23:23

I think my first m/c went down the loo, but I'm not sure sad

OurMiracle1106 Tue 08-Apr-14 17:27:57

Ive had two mmc's. I used to dream about the babies I lost a lot except in my dreams they were alive. Living breathing children who had names and who were the ages they would have been should they have made it.

My eldest was called gracie
My younger Johnnie

I have no idea whether they were even the right sex!
I hope wherever they are they have found peace.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now