HCG went down then up after ectopic pregnancy

(6 Posts)
docpeppa Fri 04-Apr-14 16:10:58

I had an ectopic pregnancy removed two weeks ago. My HCG levels went down to 41 last week, but today they were 67. The nurse at the hospital said this was unusual, I have to go back next week for another blood test and a scan.
Does this mean that they didn't get everything out during surgery? I'm panicking about it a bit

docpeppa Fri 04-Apr-14 20:56:17

Bump

Davmallem2013 Mon 07-Apr-14 11:57:28

Hi doc I didn't want to read and not reply. After my ectopic last year mine just dropped and a pregnancy test was negative a week later. I don't know why yours would go up but I guess it will depend on what your treatment was. My tube was saved but I would expect if your tube was removed it should all be out, however I don't know what happens if you have the injections. I had no choice mine was emergency surgery. I would make sure the EPU now keep a close monitor on you.

docpeppa Mon 07-Apr-14 21:30:00

Thanks for replying, mine was emergency surgery too. It was keyhole and there was a lot of internal bleeding.
They didn't remove the tube, although it was damaged. They said it was because the egg had settled just on the edge of the womb. I don't know, I'm thinking that there is something that they have left and that's why the levels have gone up.
I was trying to get my head around this and come to terms with it, now I'm scared I'll need to have more surgery

Davmallem2013 Fri 11-Apr-14 13:22:21

Sorry doc first day off work to catch up on here. I would hope they got it all but sounds like you need to make sure they check you and keep an eye on your bloods. I hope it all works out for you thanks

Tranquilitybaby Fri 02-May-14 09:56:14

How did you get on docpeppa? X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now