How long to wait until period returns?

(3 Posts)
TheJumped Mon 31-Mar-14 07:24:24

I started bleeding 5 weeks and 3 days ago, and it went on for almost 2 weeks. I should have been 10 weeks but measured only 6.5 weeks.

I'm back at work and 'back to normal' but no sign of my period. I feel so awful emotionally and need to feel my body is moving on to help me move on emotionally, if that makes sense? We want to ttc again ASAP but it's not really that, I just want to feel normal again sad

Also I have been so run down, I got a horrible cold 2 weeks afterwards, one that makes you want to crawl into a hole. The most horrible cough and then blocked ears, so I can't hear anything from one ear now and probably have to get it syringed. Went on antibiotics for a week which didn't do anything and now I'm worried about thrush which my mil said was near guaranteed with antibiotics. I never get ill and feel so rotten , also people at work who didn't know why I was off (I took two weeks off for MC) probably think it's because of this rotten cold. And I'm new there and because I haven't been able to hear properly for the past fortnight, am struggling to communicate normally.

Oops that turned into a bit of a sorry for myself rant there, sorry.

Flicktheswitch Mon 31-Mar-14 07:28:05

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

RawCoconutMacaroon Mon 31-Mar-14 07:45:23

Sorry about your loss, been there a number of times - and conceived quickly afterwards. Remember, you ovulate around 14 days before your period, so you may already be coming into a fertile phase again right now, or very soon.

As for thrush and antibiotics, not certain to get thrush and there are things you can do... go to a healthfood shop (or amazon) and buy some broad spectrum probiotics, always a good idea to use these for a few weeks if you are on antibiotics, or have had a D&V. The thrush is a symptom of good bacteria being killed off right through your digestive system. The one I use is called Bio Kult advanced formula. Not cheap but one of the less expensive broad spectrum, premium brands. Ime cheaper to buy off amazon.

Best wishes for the future.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now