Mother's Day

(9 Posts)
bakingtins Sun 30-Mar-14 08:13:03

Just wanted to send big hugs to anyone for whom this is a difficult day.
I had a horrible day last year, was just a week past MC3, went to church and it was wall to wall soft focus photos of new babies, babies in the womb etc. Even though I have children I remember how that hurt. Gentle hugs for anyone whose losses are still raw.

Allthequeenshorses Sun 30-Mar-14 11:05:51

That is a really kind thing to do baking tins. I am three weeks past mc1, with no dc and feel lousy today. Just going to hide and potter in garden I think. Hug for you. X

Bezza2508 Sun 30-Mar-14 11:22:09

Thanks, baking. I've read your story elsewhere and was so pleased to see that you are now pregnant after all you have been through. My due date was 2 months ago and I feel very sad today thinking I should have my baby with me now. I don't have any children and haven't been lucky enough to fall pregnant again.

Sorry to hear of your loss allthequeenshorses. You are in my thoughts today.

Allthequeenshorses Sun 30-Mar-14 11:29:50

Aww bezza, thank you. I'm thinking of you to. Do you have anything planned for today? As I said, I am feeling very antisocial and grumpy so I think I am best out of the way. It's so hard to explain to others who have not been here.

Bezza2508 Sun 30-Mar-14 12:49:37

We've been away with friends this weekend so it's been relaxing. Nobody has mentioned it though so I do know how you feel. It's still so raw for you and does get easier with time (although then you start to obsess about why you haven't got pregnant again- or at least I do!) I've been having lots of cuddles with my 'fur baby' (our puppy). Take care x

MrsPixieMoo Sun 30-Mar-14 13:00:15

Thanks Baking, what a lovely post. We are just back from church. All the children gave their DMs flowers as part of the service. When my little DD came back with mine, I was so tearful for the little ones we have lost, the ones we won't get to meet and felt fearful for the one I am carrying. Really appreciate your post xx

FizzyPinkWine Sun 30-Mar-14 16:32:29

Lovely message baking. Really struggling today. Today is the due date for the baby I lost last year. It is a really shitty feeling.

Allthequeenshorses Sun 30-Mar-14 19:07:14

Mrspixiepoo, that sounds like a lovely service. Thinking of you.

Fizzypinkwine, I'm so sorry for you, and you are also in my thoughts. I was due fifth November, remember remember, will never forget. Take care of yourself today. That's really hard. I'm here if you want to vent.

daftgeranium Sun 30-Mar-14 19:57:06

Thank you all for posting these notes - it made me feel I'm not going crazy! My due date was meant to be in 2 weeks but we lost the little one at 14 weeks. No DC, but my partner has a child who has been talking to her mother about Mother's Day. I've managed to get through the day really cheerfully but just broke down... feeling like crap and it didn't even occur to my partner that it might....
Big hugs to you all. It's important not to feel alone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now