Today is my baby's due date

(8 Posts)
NutcrackerFairy Mon 24-Mar-14 21:26:46

I had a MMC in September last year. Went for the routine 12 week scan, was somewhat worried about the sonographer detecting an abnormality as I had just turned 40... but I wasn't prepared for there to be no heartbeat sad

I have gotten through the dark days post ERPC imagining, no knowing that I would be pregnant again soon... First I believed it would happen in a month or so post ERPC as everyone knows you are more fertile immediately after a MC. Then when this didn't happen I just knew I would be pregnant again before my MC'd baby's due date...

However here I am, with period pain and PMT waiting for my period to begin in the next day or so... and today is baby's due date.

It is just shit. Wondering how any of you got past this. Beginning to feel that I won't have another baby now. I will be 41 in September, my AMH is negligible [0.9!] and egg reserve is probably miniscule.

It's just not going to happen for me is it sad

ChewyGiraffe Tue 25-Mar-14 00:36:44

I hope you can get support from others who've been through a MC, quite understandably you sound in a lot of pain and I feel for you.

But in response to your last sentence, I just wanted to say that I had a (planned) natural conception aged 43.3, having been kicked out of a fertility clinic the very cycle we conceived for having FSH of 19.5 (no idea what my AMH was, but presumably rubbish). My DD's now 8 months old and the light of my life.

Have you seen the 40+ TTC and 40+ pregnancy threads?

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/conception/1990670-Fab-Forty-Plus-Where-are-the-BFPs

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/pregnancy/1745437-Fantastic-fabulous-40-Mums-to-be-Part-4

... full of inspiring women who refuse to believe it can't happen for them and proof positive for many, many of them that they were right.

You're still (relatively) young. I'm now, ahem, 44 and believe me, I'll be giving it another go soon!

InternetFOREVER Tue 25-Mar-14 10:02:14

So sorry you're going through this. It was my MMC due date last week, the day after I had MC number 3 confirmed sad. No advice or words of wisdom, just some shared sadness xx

NutcrackerFairy Tue 25-Mar-14 12:49:46

So sorry Internet for your loss. I know, there are no words really are there. Just sending you hugs x

ChewyGiraffe thanks for your kind and inspiring words. I know there are women to manage to get pregnant despite all the odds... and I had hoped I might be one of them. At the moment I just feel tired and demoralised. Wondering if I should just let it go and stop thinking about trying to conceive all the blasted time. But who knows, tomorrow is another day and all that....

resipsa Tue 25-Mar-14 13:02:02

thanks

I have 2 dates like this to remember. It does get easier.

Hope you are coping OK and I do not think that it is too late for you (I'm 43, DD is (just) 3).

Nocomet Tue 25-Mar-14 13:05:11

DF had her DS just shy of her 43 birthday have MC the year before, so it can happen.

NutcrackerFairy Tue 25-Mar-14 14:46:50

Thanks for all the lovely replies.

Feeling a little better today [even with period pain grinding up a gear!]

I hope to have good news soon, maybe just wait and see what happens there.

Think anniversary date of 12 week scan in September will be even harder though sad

calistamommy Tue 25-Mar-14 22:14:57

on the anniversary of our miscarage and what would have been the dd we light a candle ( we had our 2nd misscarage 3 wks ago but shall be doing the same for that baby's anniversarys to) I also brought a crystal to symbolise the baby's life.some dates are harder and some times the sadness can seem to come from nowhere. it's so much harder for us women when our biological clock reminds us were getting older. (( hugs ))

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now