need some practical advice pronto

(11 Posts)
Aoifebelle Sat 08-Mar-14 07:37:31

Just started my third mc yesterday have always had eprc before, hoping this one will be natural. Started passing clots and had some cramps last night. The pain was handleable with paracetamol, and the flow handled with nighttime pads.

Here's the thing. My mum is in town looking after my nieces about an hours journey from me. I had said I was going to go there and hang out with them for the day. I don't want her to know what is going on, but it feels like the main event will happen today. What are my chances of getting through it without major incident? I am most worried about having a large bleed whilst out and about.

Wwyd? Go or hole up under a duvet?

CountessOfRule Sat 08-Mar-14 08:22:04

I'd hole up because (1) I'd be crappy company and (b) I'd far rather be ok at home than poorly whilst out.

I'm sorry for your loss, and hope things go smoothly for you over the weekend.

CountessOfRule Sat 08-Mar-14 08:22:29

blush to unmatched list.

bakingtins Sat 08-Mar-14 19:55:04

aoife hope you are ok. Thinking of you. flowers

Blondieminx Sat 08-Mar-14 20:01:17

Personally I'd stay home. There will be other trips but right now, you need to look after you.

Aoifebelle Sat 08-Mar-14 21:40:32

Stayed put in the end. Was the right thing to do. Passing clots through a seive is not something that can be done discretely. Cheers all.

Blondieminx Sat 08-Mar-14 22:07:27

It sucks doesn't it. Hope you're keeping well topped up with Painkillers and that you get a speedy referral now you've suffered a 3rd time sad.

CountessOfRule Sat 08-Mar-14 22:48:50

Sorry you are going though that but glad you were at home.

brew cake thanks

bakingtins Sun 09-Mar-14 08:08:36

Hope you get the help you need now aoife. I think MC into a sieve was one of the grimmest things I've ever had to do, but it did get me the info I needed to get to a RMC diagnosis in the end. You are v welcome on the RMC thread if you are embarking on testing and want some support/company.

Aoifebelle Sun 09-Mar-14 11:28:50

Seems to be all over. No more cramps and no more clots. I was expecting more, and if I passed the sac it was unidentifiable. Makes me nervous there may be some suprises in store yet.

Don't know what next, but for now I am going out into the sunshine.

CountessOfRule Sun 09-Mar-14 12:20:29

My identifiable "products" were some days later. I wish I'd been at home for that.

Please don't tire yourself out. Sitting in the sunshine with a brew and the papers would be lovely and peaceful though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now