When to stop vitamin B Complex?

(5 Posts)
xXjunebugXx Thu 27-Feb-14 16:16:25

I am 12 weeks tomorrow but have another week to wait for my scan. I have been taking vitamin B50 Complex since before BFP. I am not sure when to stop taking it? Or if I should wean?

Can anyone help please, I would be so grateful x

xXjunebugXx Fri 28-Feb-14 13:41:36

Anyone?

bakingtins Sat 01-Mar-14 08:32:27

On whose advice are you taking it, june ? You don't need additional folic acid after 12 weeks. I've continued to take a pregnancy multivitamin but high dose supplements are generally not recommended though B vits are water soluble so it's probably hard to overdose, you'll just be peeing them out.

bakingtins Sat 01-Mar-14 08:34:14

Congrats BTW! Hope your scan goes well.

I was on high does folic acid (5mg) in first trimester on advice of the RMC clinic and stopped at 12 weeks, now just taking the multivitamin which has 400 mcg.

xXjunebugXx Tue 04-Mar-14 13:37:01

I went to my GP to talk about taking it. I was told it was fine to take, took it for a couple of months prior to BFP. I had HG in my first pregnancy and was told it could also help with morning sickness, I have still been pretty sick but it certainly isn't and hasn't been HG.

I just wasn't sure when I should stop taking them. I will stop taking them after my scan at the end of the week. Thank you Bakingtins xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now