Advice please - post mc period or random bleed?

(4 Posts)
sebsmummy1 Thu 27-Feb-14 07:09:22

I have read quite a lot about this over the past couple of days and I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is my period or a random post mc bleed.

My miscarriage started on the first of Feb. I had been spotting on and off for two weeks since my BFP. I lost my plug on the Saturday (1st) and started bleeding properly on the Monday (3rd), large bleed on the Wednesday (5th) had stopped bleeding on the following Monday (10th).

Started bleeding again yesterday ( 26th) moderate bleeding today (27th). So 16 days between spotting. I am measuring my hcg most days and it was faint before this bleed, seems fainter this morning which is great. Hoping for a negative once the bleed is done.

I've also noticed this bleed has slotted back into my normal menstrual cycle pattern of a 24 day/25 day cycle.

Has anyone had a bleed post mc before the 20 day term and considered it a period?

sebsmummy1 Thu 27-Feb-14 07:11:47

Just to add it was a natural mc and I had a scan on the Monday I stopped bleeding (10th) and the sonographer said the mc was complete.

Monkeybrain10 Sun 02-Mar-14 21:44:13

If u have had a scan and they say it's complete it should be fine. That would be my big concern as they didn't scan me and a month later i was back in hospital because there were retained products..all a bit grim. If this bleed is in sync with your cycle that sounds good...like your body is coping well. But it's probably a good idea to chat to epu or your gp anyhow.

Siamsa Sun 02-Mar-14 21:55:52

Worth going back to the epu for a re-scan. Personal experience was being told that the miscarriage was complete, and when I had continued issues with bleeding on and off, they rescanned and found something. Had an ERPC the same day and everything was fine after that. Wishing you all the best, I can sympathise as it is a tough time made even tougher when something like this drags the whole saga out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now